Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjsteiner04

Insurance Agents - question for you

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

I am 23 years old and just recently purchased a home. My parents co-signed with me so they are also owners of the home. Can I still get health insurance under their policy?

I'm not an insurance agent, but I know a little about this.

In Ct. a law was passed last year which effectively said that employers health insurance policies must cover children that live in their home until age 27.Self insured companies are exempt (like mine).

Obama's new law says that even the self insured must cover the kids beginning plan years which start after 11/30/10 (I believe that's the date).

Your problem is that you don't live in the parents home, I don't think a cosign is gonna cut it.

View PostI am 23 years old and just recently purchased a home. My parents co-signed with me so they are also owners of the home.

Can I still get health insurance under their policy?

You can afford to buy your own insurance

View PostI don't know and my best advice would be for you to check with the insurance carrier. Lay it all out and see what they say.

true, you dont want to "have" insurance and then have a claim denied.

View PostI'

Obama's new law says that even the self insured must cover the kids beginning plan years which start after 11/30/10 (I believe that's the date).

Your problem is that you don't live in the parents home, I don't think a cosign is gonna cut it.

I think its 26 and might only be for fully insured plans.

Also, If your still a student you might hava a chance

Thanks Guys, Ive read the plan and it states that as long as I live with my parents I am covered untill I am 25. My only question is that by my parents cosigning, does that mean that they also own the house therefore making me still live with them? I might just need to call and talk to an agent but they will probably say no to get the business.