Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chubby-Chaser

Brown Recluse along the Canal

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Heard a fisherman got bit by one of these a few weeks ago so I read up on these things and the bight can cause you to lose a hand. Be careful on the out there.

View Postpretty sure they're only in the southwest. How the heck did he get bit by one at the ditch?

Ya, I just looked that up. Looks like they should be living a little further down south.....

A doctor told me how the brown recluse spider made it's way up north.

They are native to the southern part of the US. The southern states are home to much of the furniture industry. The furniture gets assembled, stored in warehouses. The brown recluse spider makes it's home in the furniture stored in the warehouse, and when the furniture is shipped north, along for the ride comes the brown recluse.

View PostA doctor told me how the brown recluse spider made it's way up north.

They are native to the southern part of the US. The southern states are home to much of the furniture industry. The furniture gets assembled, stored in warehouses. The brown recluse spider makes it's home in the furniture stored in the warehouse, and when the furniture is shipped north, along for the ride comes the brown recluse.

...Anybody want a couch? cwm31.gif

View PostA doctor told me how the brown recluse spider made it's way up north.

sounds possible, but the recluse can't survive the cold winters...