Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Will K

Buffy fly?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I dont know if this will work, so Ill post the link too... but I'm curious about tying these "Buffy" Fly's. I tend to fish maine a fair amount, and the other thread about crabs made me remember reading about this fly in a couple places over the winter... Any of you have a solid idea on how this is tied? 20100227ft2.jpg20100227ft1.jpg

To see the link if the pic's didnt work, scroll down the page on this link about 1/4 of the way to see the pic's:

http://www.eldredgeflyshop.com/html/...ng_reports.htm

It just looks like a really simple crab or maybe they think it's a little flounder??? who knows! I'd just like to learn a bit more about it and tie up a few.

Sort fo just looks like deer hair or SF blend tied flat but I'm not sure? Any ideas?

If you google "Buffy the Striper Slayer," you should get to the website where Rich Murphy published a detailed account of how to tie it.

Or you could buy or purchase Murphy's "Fly Fishing for Striped Bass," one of the half-dozen books on this particular fishery that any angler should own.

Thanks guys.

It seems like they updated the Maineflyfish site. Either that or I just did not see the video's this winter (entirely possible).

Appreciate it

Will