Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeepBlueSea

Carcass

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I was on a beach a few days after a netter dumped a load of bluefish. (quite a few years ago)

Either he got em in the net but didn't want them and dumped it, or they were cleaned on the boat and the carcasses all dumped at the same time.

I lean towards the former. As they're cleaning fish don't they usually toss the carcasses one at a time?

The entire corner of the jetty, about 25 yards, was a foot deep in dead bluefish skulls jawbones and spines. On the other side, there were skulls everywhere all the way over to the next jetty. Might have been more past but I didn't go that far.

It was disturbing

^^^ yeah, is there anything wrong with fileting a bass or blue after you catch it and leaving the carcass??

I know its sort of like "feeding the ducks", you have to let them naturally find food an what not. Tho naturally speaking, we are naturally fileting them and leaving there carcass, and have been (or using/eating every etible morsel) since we (ancestors) invented fishing.

Either it goes to a lanfill or rots on the beach......which is better? which is worse?

Comercial fishing, should not be counted in my arguement fyi

View Post^^^ yeah, is there anything wrong with fileting a bass or blue after you catch it and leaving the carcass??

I know its sort of like "feeding the ducks", you have to let them naturally find food an what not. Tho naturally speaking, we are naturally fileting them and leaving there carcass, and have been (or using/eating every etible morsel) since we (ancestors) invented fishing.

Either it goes to a lanfill or rots on the beach......which is better? which is worse?

Comercial fishing, should not be counted in my arguement fyi

I think that in certain locations if there is a size limit on fish you must maintain the carcass to prove the fish was of legal harvest size as long as you are fishing etc.