Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John O'

Hawaiian luau themed party

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Going to a bbq birthday bash this Saturday with the above theme, wife's sister and niece are hosting and both phenomenal cooks. Any ideas for "knock your socks off" luau themed recipes. I found a huli huli chicken recipe that I may go with, but I'd love something that would hold up with the pros.

Mahalo nui loa! shaky.gif

View PostCoupla grass skirts, some bras made w half coconuts, and a few leis can really kick the party up a notch w enough booze in the mix.

My goal is to entice appetites, not ruin them.

View PostAny chance you can do a pig?

Nah, the wife's going too.

View PostSomething with Spam perhaps?

You mean try and screw some people outa money like a Nigerian banker?

makes me think of mahi-mahi with pineapples, mangos and fruit of that nature.....

something like a sweet type of fresh salsa over grilled mahi-mahi nibblers or small filets??

that makes my mouth waterdrool.gif

Lots of options. Buy some paste, color it brown and call it poi. No one is gonna eat it, so you should be good to go.biggrin.gif

Seriously? Raw fish (sashimi, poke or seared tuna), pulled/smoked pork, chicken long rice, lau-lau - lots of options, but you gotta have access to products. Working a grill? Oysters just barely cooked thru with a little lemon, soy sauce and chili pepper sauce - always a winner here.

View PostI've seen your pictures surrounded by beautiful women.

Sara on the left lives directly behind me and is hosting the party for her younger sister's (not pictured) birthday, another beauty. Gina on the right is another niece, she lives about 5 houses down from Sara. Gina also has a beutiful younger sister who lives on my street about 6 houses down, I'm surrounded by beauty. cwm27.gif

In all sincerity, they are nice as they are beautiful. Who else would put up with a dumpy middle-aged mick of an uncle? freak.gif

JohnO.jpg

View Posthook a brotha up! i'm 23 and i'll pretend i'm a hawian master cheftongue.gif

Sorry bud, they're both married.

View PostGet some Don Ho music.

They're already filling an Ipod with some good stuff.

I like this guy (may he R.I.P.) Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

What a voice.