Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
longcaster

Malwarebytes reported IPs

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

View Postgot this a few minutes ago;attachment.php?attachmentid=367583&stc=1

How did a program block an internet intrusion, when you're not even connected to the internet? headscratch.gif

View PostAnd by the way, does this program regularly block connections to websites emanating from Russia?

I think it does. When I was using an IP from Russia I could not connect to this site.

Not to hijack the thread, but the program blocks the IP addresses from areas / countries from which a good chunk of the malware / spyware originates. You can manually manage exceptions to the rules.

View PostHow did a program block an internet intrusion, when you're not even connected to the internet? headscratch.gif

View PostAnd by the way, does this program regularly block connections to websites emanating from Russia?

Capper, 2 months ago on or about 4/21/10 this website (SOL) and several others were emitting viruses from the Google adds at the top and bottom add spaces.

Malwarebytes runs in the background on my computer, it blocks attempts from hidden spy-ware to get into my poor little computer.

View PostHow did a program block an internet intrusion, when you're not even connected to the internet? headscratch.gif

You can still be connected even when the little icon looks like you are not - with multiple connections, if one is down and another is functioning, the icon looks like you are disconnected - at least I'm pretty sure it does.

View PostI think it does. When I was using an IP from Russia I could not connect to this site.

View PostNot to hijack the thread, but the program blocks the IP addresses from areas / countries from which a good chunk of the malware / spyware originates. You can manually manage exceptions to the rules.

It's not the program that blocks Russian IPs, it's our firewall - got tired of hacks, spam and crap from Russia and China...so they are blocked at the firewall.

TimS

View PostCapper, 2 months ago on or about 4/21/10 this website (SOL) and several others were emitting viruses from the Google adds at the top and bottom add spaces.

Malwarebytes runs in the background on my computer, it blocks attempts from hidden spy-ware to get into my poor little computer.

It also blocks computers from accessing your computer that have nothing to do with any site, there are loads of port scanners out there - my computer gets attacked even when there are no browser windows open. I'm checking the IP address, the thread and the site it was loading an image from to see if there's a link between them.

TimS

Monster

how apt

Keep you OS patched

Update Flash & Adobe acrobat reader

Google Chrome as well

these are the most common recent exploits

and for you Mac users update Safari 4.x

and of course all you firefox users should patch as well

View PostAttachment 367706

Those Green Bars tell me it has a wireless connection

The red X is a physical LAN connection

correct and if there are multiple lan connections on a computer they each would get their own little boxes with red x's on them if they aren't connected.