Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Looking for a new jig bag

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I need to improve the way I carry jigs. Plug bags with tubes are fine for plugs, but not what I want for jigs.

Does any company make something which is compartmentalized, without using any of those Plano plastic boxes? Something I can close up, in case it falls down the rocks, so all the jigs don't spill out.

Just a bag I can carry over the shoulder, carrying a couple dozen jigs, a few bucktails, leaders, scissors, a spare spool, light, and bug spray.

Maybe I should just check the local Army/Navy store?

Damn Boggy,

I just gave away an Army ammo bag that was in my basement for a few years. Try Go Bananas, they have some ammo bags that work as jig bags.

Oh, I also forgot to mention something that can be locked or capable of carrying those exploding dye pacs the banks use in case of a robbery. That way the next time Toddman decides to violate the secret contents of my plug bag, it will explode in his fat, jelly-stick chomping face.cwm27.gif

View PostOh, I also forgot to mention something that can be locked or capable of carrying those exploding dye pacs the banks use in case of a robbery. That way the next time Toddman decides to violate the secret contents of my plug bag, it will explode in his fat, jelly-stick chomping face.cwm27.gif

Since when is the bed of a pick up truck refered to as a "jig bag"

bob I carry mine in a large fanny pack. It holds a couple dozen buck tails in bags and the a few sluggos/ronz and various heads plus a spool of leader, scissors and some rinds. Just an idea mine is camo too so it doubles for turkey hunting, calls and camera holder

View Postbob I carry mine in a large fanny pack. It holds a couple dozen buck tails in bags and the a few sluggos/ronz and various heads plus a spool of leader, scissors and some rinds. Just an idea mine is camo too so it doubles for turkey hunting, calls and camera holder

That's a good idea. I used to carry mine in a blue Shakespeare fanny pack--until it fell out of my Jeep one night last fall while I had the rear door opened, and I drove away without it.

I have another Plano one, but it's not big enough frown.gif

I've been thinking about modifying one of the many small, soft, over the shoulder coolers I have for jigs. You can get them big enough to hold plano boxes on the inside, or add your own tubing. Should be plenty of room for jigs, leader spool, scisors, rinds, and rubber.

View PostI've been thinking about modifying one of the many small, soft, over the shoulder coolers I have for jigs. You can get them big enough to hold plano boxes on the inside, or add your own tubing. Should be plenty of room for jigs, leader spool, scisors, rinds, and rubber.

You know, that what I was thinking of too.highfive.gif I was looking at those at Bass Pro the other day. They weren't much $$$. They're square, so they'll sit upright, and close up nice and tight.

View PostYou know, that what I was thinking of too.highfive.gif I was looking at those at Bass Pro the other day. They weren't much $$$. They're square, so they'll sit upright, and close up nice and tight.

Would also keep your water (or other beverages) cold. 2 for 1. Pretty cheap at wallyworld too.

I was so just thinking about this very subject. Years ago I used to use an old 5 gal pail with slots cut around the top edge where you could hang lures and jigs. When you snapped the lid on it, it secured the hooks so that they wouldn't fall out when traveling over the dunes or jettys. The rest of the stuff (knife, lantern, bug spray, etc.) went inside the bucket.

I've been away from it for awhile but I'm thinking of resurrecting that set up.

When you talk about tubing are you refering to the plastic tubing that you can cut slits in to hold lures and jigs? I think thats a good idea.

View Post I was so just thinking about this very subject. Years ago I used to use an old 5 gal pail with slots cut around the top edge where you could hang lures and jigs. When you snapped the lid on it, it secured the hooks so that they wouldn't fall out when traveling over the dunes or jettys. The rest of the stuff (knife, lantern, bug spray, etc.) went inside the bucket.

I've been away from it for awhile but I'm thinking of resurrecting that set up.

When you talk about tubing are you refering to the plastic tubing that you can cut slits in to hold lures and jigs? I think thats a good idea.

Yes, I was thinking about thin pvc. You could cut them down to the desired height and slot them at the top. Fill the bag with pvc, or leave room on one side for other goodies.

Very good idea a partitian in there would be sweet one side for a couple small planos the other for tubes or gatorades and water. One day i fished next to ecdoesitgood and he had a similar setup with the cooler bag

...is all I use on the canal now. Can hold alot of weight without you feeling much of it. Plugs in the back and jigs in the front, packed in 2's or 3's w/ freezer bags. Decent system, but not perfect in any way. Just nice to get the weight of all those jigs off my shoulder. Bike riding with pack on is np. .02