Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snaggedlines

Van Staal or ZeeBaas

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I'd suggest you do a search. There's more info here than you can read in a week. I like my VS but all are not created equal if you ask me, some are much stiffer to turn than others. So you need to feel the one you buy.

View PostI'd suggest you do a search. There's more info here than you can read in a week. I like my VS but all are not created equal if you ask me, some are much stiffer to turn than others. So you need to feel the one you buy.

Wow, I did a search, now my eyes are bleedingbiggrin.gif

Well if you're "just dreaming", get a Penn Conquer... my favorite spinning reel from a dude with a bunch of Shimano's up to the Stella and conventionals up to the Trinidads. Not kidding - my "fishing room" looks like a fishing supply store. I have tons of **** my friends think I"m nuts - they're correct.

Machined frame, 9 washer drag which is butter smooth, line capcity that's uncomparable to a reel at the same weight and it's pretty darn silky. It's held up to some good sized sharks with no problem so far. It performs and looks as good as day 1 (Conquer 7000 and 50# braid).

Well, I want a good reel to match my 10' 6" Legend and willing to spend whatever it takes to get what I need. I can't get passed the Conquer though... it's that good in my experience. I want a Zeebaas ZX22 or 25 but that'll be a good $900+ - that's my next reel but only because I think it's truly a better reel.