Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike415

Fishing reports for June

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

i can beat that.. i was fishing in my hood last week "bullwinkle beach" and stopped reeling to jaw jack and my lure was floating in the wash when my line started twitching to and fro puzzled i lifted my rod to see a 14" bass trying to suck down my 5" daiwa bomber and on the very next cast a fish jumped out of the water no more than 10' from my feet

Had a 4" jack smelt impale itself on my rattle trap as I was pulling it out of the water last night. Came up and slammed it cwm27.gif There were a few other fish caught, but boat fish don't count wink.gif

still catching nice fish at my spot in the bay.Although the numbers have dropped lately.I am thinking it's been the tides.I hope they just aren't moving elsewhere.

Fished the surf and didn't catch anything on swimbaits, pencils, needles or danny plugs.

Saw a guy get a 27" in the bay. He gutted it and it was so cute: in its stomach were a few shiner surfperch, a grass shrimp, and a smelt or anchovy. There was even a shrimp and perch up in it's throat. It was like he had had a bay brunch.

View PostFished the surf and didn't catch anything on swimbaits, pencils, needles or danny plugs.

Saw a guy get a 27" in the bay. He gutted it and it was so cute: in its stomach were a few shiner surfperch, a grass shrimp, and a smelt or anchovy. There was even a shrimp and perch up in it's throat. It was like he had had a bay brunch.

Good to hear. More and more fish stacking up at that spot means they're on their way out to the beaches highfive.gif Keep pounding that spot because they wont be there for long. As you've seen the fish there are usually on the bigger side than some of your regular spots wink.gif

After dark I caught a jig with a yard of braid attached. The braid had seaweed growing on it. On the seaweed were a dozen 1/8" long creatures that were luminescing every five seconds or so. It was extremely cool.

Rolled to an ocean beach last night. The surf was big but not nasty. Didn't catch anything with flies on the bottom or a pencil/needle on top.

The waves were arriving far enough apart that I could cast behind one and reel about halfway in through slick, flat, foamless water. When the water got the pink of the sunset on it things started to feel like violence was about to explode around my plug. But no...nonetheless reminded myself why surf fishing is fun, that suspense.

Saw no bait, no birds, no crabs.

Hi guys! I'm a long time fan SOL, and finally decided to stop being an anonymous lurker and contribute to this great site. I fished yesterday's incoming tide in the bay and managed to land three fish ranging from 6 to 9 lbs on hair raisers and swimbaits. There was a ton of bait out there, and the pelicans and cormorants were having a field day. All fish were released to fight another day smile.gif

View PostHi guys! I'm a long time fan SOL, and finally decided to stop being an anonymous lurker and contribute to this great site. I fished yesterday's incoming tide in the bay and managed to land three fish ranging from 6 to 9 lbs on hair raisers and swimbaits. There was a ton of bait out there, and the pelicans and cormorants were having a field day. All fish were released to fight another day smile.gif

Welcome Acesfool! Glad you took the plunge and stopped lurking. Perfect report by the way. wink.gif

A place I fish regularly. I kept 3 which measured 25, 25, and 28. My wife caught the other 2. A 23 and 26. I realeased about ten that measured 19-22. All was caught in about 2 hours of fishing. All were caught on sardines.

View PostWas this fresh water or an area that does not have a two fish limit?

I am thinking yes since you are from Stockton.......

Oh yea. This was freshwater (lake) fishing. Actually this place has a 10 fish limit! Its off the hook. Everyone is catching fish left to right. My wife and I could have limited out if we wanted but no use in keeping so many. They'll just go into the fridge. I like my fish fresh.