Why you should go to Montauk

Rate this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"> <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Former LIBBA #1818

View PostSo how can I see the actual film?

And clearly, that is NOT M....

I asked Rich about it last week. He's still editing. Hopes to be done by the end of summer. Too late to be submitted for the Hamptons Film Festival. He's considering doing something in Montauk in the fall wink.gif .

View PostI asked Rich about it last week. He's still editing. Hopes to be done by the end of summer. Too late to be submitted for the Hamptons Film Festival. He's considering doing something in Montauk in the fall wink.gif .

That's good to know... I had heard he was trying to sell it and there weren't any buyers...

"spooks in providence, who'd a thunk..." - HugeDinghy

View PostThat's good to know... I had heard he was trying to sell it and there weren't any buyers...

I'm sure he is. It's always nice to be paid for your work, even if it's a labor of love. He probably needs a finished product before he can sell it. It is kind of a niche film about a small spot ( even though it rates highly to the users of this site biggrin.gif ). Now if he were to offer shares of the film to us, he'd probably get a good response and raise some money to finish it up quicker cwm40.gif.

View PostI'm sure he is. It's always nice to be paid for your work, even if it's a labor of love. He probably needs a finished product before he can sell it. It is kind of a niche film about a small spot ( even though it rates highly to the users of this site biggrin.gif ). Now if he were to offer shares of the film to us, he'd probably get a good response and raise some money to finish it up quicker cwm40.gif.

Given the number of companies filming fishing, good luck to him. He's gotta compete with RA Beatty, Felt Soul, etc. etc. etc.

RIP AEG frown.gif

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

View Postall this talk about 'blitz's' and such in Montauk. Reel fisherman know there ain't no fish in Montauk. The pic's/videos are a taken at a secret location known only to a special few.

It's all CGI wink.gif

I'm surprised he hasn't had any interest from outdoor companies who put out niche movies and such. Maybe its a sign of the times right now places are tight with their wallets, but either way I can't wait to see it.

IMO it's pretty hard making an intersting movie without burning spots(ticking off buyers) or having local rats on the film... on top of that, watching schoolie blitzes for 2 hours is cwm33.gif ............. If he has some night footage, history of the area and some blind location shots it might work.

The end of his trailer was a pretty epic day as it was the end of a NorEaster a couple years ago that produced a bunch of 30s up front... It's hard getting footage like that, but maybe worth holding out for more of it.

"spooks in providence, who'd a thunk..." - HugeDinghy

I was hanging with him the day two yers ago when the blue fin tuna were blwing up bass and blues in turtle cove. my daughter who was 8 at the time, had a her first point fish (14 lbs) during that epic blitz.. the fish were on from 4 pm through dark.. bluefins were running through all the bait and fish with 3 ft rooster tails trailing behind them.. the footage of that day didnt come out well enough to use.. but it was sick day none the less.. I was also with him around that same time when literally 100's of thousands of 5-6 inch sardines were pushed up onto beach at false bar.. guys were filling garbage bags with sardines for fluke bait.. pretty sick!!

Bc

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

View PostI was hanging with him the day two yers ago when the blue fin tuna were blwing up bass and blues in turtle cove. my daughter who was 8 at the time, had a her first point fish (14 lbs) during that epic blitz.. the fish were on from 4 pm through dark.. bluefins were running through all the bait and fish with 3 ft rooster tails trailing behind them.. the footage of that day didnt come out well enough to use.. but it was sick day none the less.. I was also with him around that same time when literally 100's of thousands of 5-6 inch sardines were pushed up onto beach at false bar.. guys were filling garbage bags with sardines for fluke bait.. pretty sick!!

Bc

October? i remember seeing the same thing shortly after sunrise 2 years ago just North of the light, Bluefins whiping thru schools at mach 2 tossing 5 foot rooster tails in there wake

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

View PostOctober? i remember seeing the same thing shortly after sunrise 2 years ago just North of the light, Bluefins whiping thru schools at mach 2 tossing 5 foot rooster tails in there wake

yes sir.. columbus day weekend, sunday I believe

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"