Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ravenar

Time for a new laptop..

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

So for whatever reason, my laptop is fried (wont even turn on, and when the ac adapter is plugged in, the led shuts on the power supply shuts down as soon as I plug it in to the computer).

So I got a desktop that has windows, but now im thinking about a MAC book. I had a 17" screen on my old laptop so might the 17" MAC book. Any reason not to do a MAC. I think my gaming days are over, but even if they werent and I still have the desktop. Just dont know how handling a MAC would be considering Ive used windows forever.

What says the wise Tavern.........

The only people who will tell you not to get a mac are people who do not use them.

PC users love to complain about their computers. Mac users love their computers.

Unless you're in IT. Macs are tougher to do stuff to, but easier to do stuff with. Start up prep for a brand new mac = push the on button.

I freakin' heart.gifheart.gifheart.gif my mac.

I would say that price is the only reason someone does not pull the trigger on a MAC. I was on the fence about getting one also. This is one great machine. Go for it, you wont regret it.

View PostPrice

Actually when you compare what comes in a mac vs. what you pay extra for in a PC, including software, the price is relatively similar unless you are going uber suped up machine. Even then it's not much of a difference.

View PostMoneys no object..Wife needs PC for farmville smile.gifwink.gifwink.gif

I believe can run farmville on a mac. Otherwise you have three options that allow you run Windows on a Mac as well as OS X. You can't do that on a PC. Not legally anyway. biggrin.gif

if you are doing graphic design or gaming... MACs rock. Nothing better. Period.

If you are doing office work... nothing beats a PC.

They both have their qualities, for sure.

Go with the Mac. You can buy MS office for it, so you have all the office tools you need, or you can run open office which is free and does most of what office does.

For day to day stuff, web surfing, digital photo management, music videos, the Mac software and usability can't be beat.

No issues with spy-ware, viruses and all that other stuff.

You'll be a happy man.

--Pete

Price is significantly higher...

My son is heading to college next Fall and loves Mac. We looked at the prices and a Mac is like 80% higher than a good PC. Business schools have some issues with Macs because not all the software they need is ported to them (even now). If money were no object... Mac

I would go with the mac the one thing i will tell you is don't get the 17 inch. Go with the 15. The only reason i say this is because it's more transportable and the 17 inches don't fit in a lot of laptop bags. If you need the bigger display and don't plan on taking it every where you go get the 17. I travel alot and lug my laptop every where so i enjoy the 15 because it's cheaper and easier to hall around. With the cash you save you can buy the dongles to hook the mac directly up to your hd tv and other accesories.