Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steelebob

Saco area question

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Are there good areas to fish for stripers in the summer, where someone could take their bass boat and not worry too much about the water being too salty. I have fished the Brunswick area and have not had too much concern about my motor and stuff rusting.

Bring the Bass Boat and fish the Scarborough River or the Saco River. Just dont venture out to far into the open ocean & watch your weather

Good Launchs at Pine Point and at Marblehead in Biddeford and at Saco, Island in Saco, Camp Ellis Launch is only good at hight tide and steep and full of holes.

just wash your boat down with a garden hose inside & out and youll be fine. Thats what I do. Be sure you bring all Marine Reguired Saftey Gear Flares etc. As Marine Patrol is very active. Especially if Presidant Bush is out fishing

bush-bush.jpg

WickedGoodOutdoors@maine.rr.com

i would nt bother with the saco river or any of saco bay really. the fishing in Saco has been terrible so far this year. Most of the fish seem further south. Basically a dead zone from the pool to about yarmouth

View Posti would nt bother with the saco river or any of saco bay really. the fishing in Saco has been terrible so far this year. Most of the fish seem further south. Basically a dead zone from the pool to about yarmouth

Yes Sir...........DEAD

if yo are worried about the salt, I use Salt Terminator (Bass Pro SHops) or salt-X ( I used to get at Boaters world). Its a concentrate that you can get with a mixing bowl that attaches to your garden hose. It nuetralizes the corrosiveness of saltwater. I wash down my boat, trailer and gear. Then I flush the engine.... You would never know my gear was in salt water. heart.gif