Smaller trout streams near the Deerfield River, MA

barco

Hi guys. I fished the Deerfield last July from 9am-11am on a weekend and must say it was a total circus with tubes and rafts. Early and late seem to be the key there in the summer. I did manage one rainbow drifting a 1/4 white rooster tail near the railroad bridge.

Are there any other smaller more intimate trout streams near the Deerfield. I am not looking to spot burn here but it would be nice to get away from the circus and find smaller water. Thanks.

View PostHi guys. I fished the Deerfield last July from 9am-11am on a weekend and must say it was a total circus with tubes and rafts. Early and late seem to be the key there in the summer. I did manage one rainbow drifting a 1/4 white rooster tail near the railroad bridge.

Are there any other smaller more intimate trout streams near the Deerfield. I am not looking to spot burn here but it would be nice to get away from the circus and find smaller water. Thanks.

Seems to me I remember that On The Water magazine had an article about other, smaller streams around the Deerfield a while back. You should get a few topo maps of the area and do a little research. There has to be some smaller streams feeding the Deerfield that would be worth your time.