Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike D

My new plug- a "Spopper"

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Well I've fished 95% this spring for muskie. After many follows and a few caught it was time to get some bass fishing in. Took a few cold beers and a new popper I made to my local farm pond at 7:00 p.m. last night. Fished until a little after dark and got 4 nice bass with this fat healthy 18" LMB being the biggest.

These fish were caught on a hybrid spook/popper. Black Back/Gold Sides/Orange Belly. It's a new style for me. First I made a popper body and then put a slope in front, on the bottom but still left the concave section on top. Now I can pop it or walk the dog and it spits water either way. Maybe I should call it a "spopper"?

Nice plug, Nice bass! Spopper, it has a better ring to it than Poppook. wink.gif

I'm one of the biggest fans of spooks. If you can get the spook running right, with the right rod/reel/line/sound, i'm convinced it will out-fish nearly every plug. It's that slow, curvy S retrieve that makes fish go ballistic.

Hi Mike,

Its great to see a good idea being put into practice.

Very healthy looking fish.icon14.gif

As you know I'm also a fan of walk the dog style lures. Lots of propbaits like dying flutters etc will walk the dog effectively too. Although I used them for years with a straight retrieve and it never occured to me to try and walk them until someone suggested it to meredface.gif.

Regards - Lurch