Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
copycat

Wealthiest U.S. State

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Wow, the wealthiest state only has to borrow 956 millionkooky.gif

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...thiest-us.html

Go to the link and read the comments.....

Connecticut is preparing to borrow $956 million to close a budget gap in the fiscal year beginning July 1, after borrowing money last year to cover a deficit of $947.6 million. Not good. Fitch has reduced the states credit rating from AA+ to AA.

"The downgrade reflects the state's reduced financial flexibility, illustrated by its reliance on sizable debt issuances during the current biennium to close operating gaps in the context of already high liabilities," Fitch said.

Connecticut is the wealthiest state on a per capita basis with personal income of $54,397 in 2009, according to Department of Commerce.

Yep. Stick a fork in us. We're done. Or very nearly so. frown.gif

Our Republican Governor , Jodi Rell,wouldn't raise taxes, which is what the Democratically controlled Legislature wanted to do, of course. At a stalemate, they just borrowed and put it off on future generations. If we elect a Democratic Governor this fall, (Limousine Communist Ned Lamont), then Katie bar the door, because the Democrats are going to go hog wild raising taxes, and increasing spending, albeit at a 'lower rate' of increase of course. kooky.gif That's when I bail on the PRC. mad.gif

Don't forget that Connecticut is only the 48th worst state for being business friendly trailing only California and New York.

Huge unfunded pension liabilities.

More state workers per capita than any other state.

The democrats have controlled this state for decades and we now suffer accordingly.

What's worse is the same stupid people keep re-electing the same stupid politicians.

It's like we get a double screwing, one from Hartford and another from Washington.

Well I knew it was not Arizona even though they are working on it with the new sewer that they made us install and charged all of the home owners $2000.00. I got my bill on 12/23/2009 nice Cmas gift right. Now prop 100 charges a 1 cent tax to give to the school districts. If you plan on visiting AZ hide your wallet and purse.

View PostWell I knew it was not Arizona even though they are working on it with the new sewer that they made us install and charged all of the home owners $2000.00. I got my bill on 12/23/2009 nice Cmas gift right. Now prop 100 charges a 1 cent tax to give to the school districts. If you plan on visiting AZ hide your wallet and purse.

C'mon man, you gotta pay to educate those illegals somehow.

View PostI thought NJ was the worst state for business-friendliness? headscratch.gif Sounds like CT could use a bit or Chris Christie! beers.gif

How quickly can you clone him. cwm40.gif Connecticut is in desparate need of someone with his mentality and motivation.

View PostHow quickly can you clone him. cwm40.gif Connecticut is in desparate need of someone with his mentality and motivation.

We can probably just cut off a piece of his belly and you can graft it to your current .gov We'll sell it to you by the pound!beers.gif