Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L-Bracket

Van Staal VS-250 Problem

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Can I perform maintenance on a VS 250 spool? It seems that when a fish takes drag the adjusting knob revolves with the spool tightening up the drag setting. Any ideas?.

Have you had it in for service in the last year or two, the spool shaft was updated to eliminate that problem. I service my own, but Craig was good enough to give me two new spool shafts last year to upgrade myself.

...on my 200 when I bought it. Small fish no problem, but drag takers would cause the knob to self tighten. Is this your issue? Anyway, you need to send it in immed for them to rework the spool. Ask them to send you an extra spool for your troubles.

View PostCan I perform maintenance on a VS 250 spool? It seems that when a fish takes drag the adjusting knob revolves with the spool tightening up the drag setting. Any ideas?.

Buy a ZeeBaaS

View PostSell the VS and get ZX27-ZeeBaas, service it yourself , it only takes

about 5 min.

View PostBuy a ZeeBaaS

You guys are pathetic already....every ****ing time a VS is mentioned, it ends up "Buy a ZeeBaas"....just ****ing pathetic.

View PostYou guys are pathetic already....every ****ing time a VS is mentioned, it ends up "Buy a ZeeBaas"....just ****ing pathetic.

What's ****ing pathetic is the fact that it's ok to knock ZeeBaaS but not VS. ZeeBaaS has a waybetter drag system. I think VS is no better than Penns Drag system. And another ****ing thing look at all the threads about ZeeBaaS you VS guys rip into them all the time. Recently about there pilers which they didnt even come out with kooky.gif

yeah, and when it's time to change the worn out parts of the ZB drag , the nice people at ZB will tell you that half the reel needs to be replaced because it's a few generations behind.

FYI,,, I own a ZX-22 (1st gen) but will never buy another because everything is non standard (go figure,, I need to change the rotor to replace my spool to fix a sand issue, at a cost of over 300 bucks and the black finish is different) .....all VS parts are inter-changeable for each model throughout the years. kooky.gif

View PostI like the Van Stall vs ZeeBaas threads. I went out and bought one of each so I can stay neutral in all these debates. No matter who I bash, I still wincwm27.gif

Really I have nothing agaist VS I don't understand though why guys cut up ZB there great reels I own two and wouldn't mind owning a VS but there's no real reason other than there cheaper. I just happen to love the zb drag system better. I had problems with my zx 27 and zb made good on it

L-Bracket,the problem you're having is a free fix from VS.

The old spool hub needs to be upgraded to an updated slotted hub.

I had mine done in Montauk this past weekend.

View PostL-Bracket,the problem you're having is a free fix from VS.

The old spool hub needs to be upgraded to an updated slotted hub.

I had mine done in Montauk this past weekend.

Right on the money.........