Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Squished

Caught my first keeper...

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

In all fairness, it was from a boat. To top it off, were were cod fishing with hi-lo rigs and fresh clams. One of the rods bent over, I picked it up, started reeling in, limp. Bummer, lost the fish. Took up the slack, fish was still there. Game on. Limp again, bummer. Wrong. 50 yards off the stern it hit the surface and it was a bass! Game on again. Reeled him in again and here he is:

IMGP0004.jpg

View PostShe's a beauty! Congrats! Beats fishing for striper and accidentally catching cod?biggrin.gif

LOL, to say the least. This was on a hi-lo rig with clams, she made a complete mess of all our lines. Started swimming circles and then went straight to the surface. Definitely a fun little fight.

fresh clams.

I heard people keep saying about fresh clam, what kind of clam is it, any one have a picture, I bought frozen clams from bait shop and it's not that good confused.gif

View PostI heard people keep saying about fresh clam, what kind of clam is it, any one have a picture, I bought frozen clams from bait shop and it's not that good confused.gif

that would be them, frozen clams thawed out and put on as bait.