Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Fort Foster...

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

...I was there in a non fishing situation (although rods were in the car - I took my daughter and dog for a walk on the nature trails). Is there any reason to go back and try a little fishing there? In some ways it looked 'fishy'...but today, it was void of life from all I could tell. A walk out on the pier included seeing a white sandy bottom, but no signs of life (bait or striper-wise)....But I liked the areas with the rocky shoreline

View Post...I was there in a non fishing situation (although rods were in the car - I took my daughter and dog for a walk on the nature trails). Is there any reason to go back and try a little fishing there? In some ways it looked 'fishy'...but today, it was void of life from all I could tell. A walk out on the pier included seeing a white sandy bottom, but no signs of life (bait or striper-wise)....But I liked the areas with the rocky shoreline

What is it that you guys don't get about spot burning. Shut your big mouths quit looking for hand outs and put some time into something. That is not a general location at all. For the record that spot is seasonal and hit or miss but the only way to know is to put some of your own damn time in. Stop posting and go fishing.

View PostWhat is it that you guys don't get about spot burning. Shut your big mouths quit looking for hand outs and put some time into something. That is not a general location at all. For the record that spot is seasonal and hit or miss but the only way to know is to put some of your own damn time in. Stop posting and go fishing.

First of all, a generalized question about an area is not a spot burn - I do not know anything about the spot. Secondly, I'm always willing to accept (and even prefer) PMs for the sake of preventing what could become a spot burn if too much detail is given - just because you see the question in the open forum doesn't mean you have to answer it the same way. Lastly, that is a large chunk of land and not much different than just naming a town.

During our walk yesterday, we saw many differnt types of structures, coves, etc...your complaint regarding spot burning would have more merrit if I had asked specific question about this rock or that cove, etc.

Otherwise, you just come off as an oversensitive blowhard who doesn't want anyone who's not within your fishing circles to visit your state.

View PostFirst of all, a generalized question about an area is not a spot burn - I do not know anything about the spot. Secondly, I'm always willing to accept (and even prefer) PMs for the sake of preventing what could become a spot burn if too much detail is given - just because you see the question in the open forum doesn't mean you have to answer it the same way. Lastly, that is a large chunk of land and not much different than just naming a town.

During our walk yesterday, we saw many differnt types of structures, coves, etc...your complaint regarding spot burning would have more merrit if I had asked specific question about this rock or that cove, etc.

Otherwise, you just come off as an oversensitive blowhard who doesn't want anyone who's not within your fishing circles to visit your state.

Why can't you just admit you are wrong, it's not that hard to do. A simple sorry I will not let it happen again will work.

Your attempt to justify this is in vane. It's not a large area and what difference would one rock make. The fact is you are drawing attention to an area that is often policed and cars are ticketed and towed.

Over sensitive blow hard I don't think so. The traditional New England fisherman prior to the internet was not a loud mouth spot burner. Those hours invested in recon and fishing were cherished, prized and held close.

But like I said have at it I haven't fished over there in 4 years. It's not a great spot. The point is to shut up so you don't blow up someone else's spots. Step away from the keyboard and mouse put your gear on and have a go at it yourself.

View PostWhy can't you just admit you are wrong, it's not that hard to do. A simple sorry I will not let it happen again will work.

Your attempt to justify this is in vane. It's not a large area and what difference would one rock make. The fact is you are drawing attention to an area that is often policed and cars are ticketed and towed.

Over sensitive blow hard I don't think so. The traditional New England fisherman prior to the internet was not a loud mouth spot burner. Those hours invested in recon and fishing were cherished, prized and held close.

But like I said have at it I haven't fished over there in 4 years. It's not a great spot. The point is to shut up so you don't blow up someone else's spots. Step away from the keyboard and mouse put your gear on and have a go at it yourself.

Um...because it's not a spot burn. If you ever said 'east end of the canal', that's closer to being a spot burn than listing an entire peninsula with 100's of acres of shoreling access...I'm beginning to think you don't know the park I'm talking about and have it confused with something elseheadscratch.gifkooky.gif Why don't you invade the hundreds of other threads that list a town by name and flame away over there - there's nothing here for you

View PostUm...because it's not a spot burn. If you ever said 'east end of the canal', that's closer to being a spot burn than listing an entire peninsula with 100's of acres of shoreling access...I'm beginning to think you don't know the park I'm talking about and have it confused with something elseheadscratch.gifkooky.gif Why don't you invade the hundreds of other threads that list a town by name and flame away over there - there's nothing here for you

Well I guess to somebody who doesn't really know what he is doing or looking at there appears to be 100's of acres.

I've run out of time to argue I have a reel to fix the rules of this forum are pretty clear about spot burning. If you can pry your butt away from the computer desk chair maybe I'll see you out there some night.

View PostWell I guess to somebody who doesn't really know what he is doing or looking at there appears to be 100's of acres.

I've run out of time to argue I have a reel to fix the rules of this forum are pretty clear about spot burning. If you can pry your butt away from the computer desk chair maybe I'll see you out there some night.

Wow - you just unknowingly made my point...LOL. I saw specific spots out there that appeared to be more productive than others, but didn't list them out (because that would be a spot burn of sorts). But 'Fort Foster' itself is not a spot burn.

I feel as though I am looking at the comments posted on youtube where 13 year old kids argue about music videos.... First of all, spot burn or no spot burn, you came off rather brazant HarryG. There are much more mature and efficient ways of getting your point across than telling grown men to "shut your big mouth." Secondly, Naming a piece of property is NOT a spot burn. If a statement such as "lots of fish holding at the south end of Fort Foster" was made, that would qualify as a spot burn. Asking someone if they have ever fished a piece of property is not a burn. Lastly IF a spot burn were made it would have come from a reply not the idividual who started the thread and asked about the location. With that said, lets all just get along. This isn't the New Jersey forum! biggrin.gif

Gotta put my 2 cents in too....I joined this forum thinking that if you ask a question you would problably get a informative answer. Not to get your s?!@ jumped by asking a question//

In my non-expert opinion HarryG you were way out of linebeatin.gif ....The guy asked about an area the size of the back bay. look at other posts "fish hitting at the mouth of the saco" "fish are in the river" "fish below the dam in south Berwick" 'what are the guys fishing for on a certain tidal river just north of 295 between Falmouth and Freeport".

THE POOR GUY WAS ASKING A QUESTION ABOUT A GENERAL AREA AND YOU JUMP ALL OVER HIS CRAP ABOUT SPOT BURNING..

He didnt ask what rock to stand on or what pier board to stand on or what specific logitude/latitude to anchor his boat.

I always thought that this forum was to inform fishermen of the ins and outs of striper fishing. I put hundreds of hours in striper fishing every season but I always revert back to this forum to ask about different situations, locations and techniques on how to better my self as a fishermen,

Maybe I joined the wrong forum or maybe...... HarryG is in the wrong place...

to quote SKS if I may...Shut up and FISH..

Let me put an end to this.....There are no fish in and around fort foster. Absolutly none.

As some will attest there is always fish somewhere in the river, the secret is knowing which side of the rock they are on, for which tide and what time of day or evening, how deep and how shallow and what bait or plug. You could say the 3rd out cropping off of whaleback light- in my opinion it would mean squat to someone who hasn't put in the time. I read somewhere 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish- how true.

Everyone play nice.HappyWave.gif