Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rangers30

jones beach

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I think they still want to see the fishing permit on your dash board!!!

I was stopped at the little gate and asked if I had it and I had to show the permit to him. He was a young punk, maybe he is trying to make his bones.

During normal daytime hours when the booth is manned you'll need an Empire Pass or you pay regular parking fees. Don't need your permit in the daytime.

View PostDuring normal daytime hours when the booth is manned you'll need an Empire Pass or you pay regular parking fees. Don't need your permit in the daytime.

Don't know about this year, but last year we2 was officially closed and i think technically you needed both the fishing permit and daytime parking ticket/empire and fishing rods in the car even during the day, at least thats what they requested from me.(unless you claimed to be a bird watcher and displayed a pair of binocularscwm40.gifbiggrin.gif )

View PostI think they still want to see the fishing permit on your dash board!!!

I was stopped at the little gate and asked if I had it and I had to show the permit to him. He was a young punk, maybe he is trying to make his bones.

Why is he a "PUNK" ? Cause he was doing his job ? At least he's working................headscratch.gif

Everyone I ask down there has a different answer for me, someone just last week at the gate said I would not have to worry about ticketing during the day as long as I had gear with me, yet the person I talked on the phone weeks back said I needed a night fishing permit at all times in the designated lots, I believe the latter is true.

Although last season I did not buy the permit, and was never bothered once during the day in the WE/WE2 lots (at least 2-3 trips a week).