Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bayyaker54

Best Catch Of The Day

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

My son and I went fishing on his boat, got a few bass plus my personal best, smile.gif 43" bass. I know, boat fish don't count, but, here's the best part, he cast his line and get's a birdsnest. the spool locksup and there goes his AVET reel and his Bacara rod in 25 feet of water,mad.gif we were anchored so we kinda knew were it was. cwm40.gif so he takes another rod and ties about seven 10/0 hooks on the line with a sinker above the hooks and one below the hooks. second cast he snags the line on the setup and gets it backhighfive.gif thats about 500.00 in rod and reel.he didn't even panic, it was in and out of the water in 10 minutes. my fish was nice but his catch was better.

clean the reel ASAP

pics of the 43" bass please smile.gif

DBS

View PostMy son and I went fishing on his boat, got a few bass plus my personal best, smile.gif 43" bass. I know, boat fish don't count, but, here's the best part, he cast his line and get's a birdsnest. the spool locksup and there goes his AVET reel and his Bacara rod in 25 feet of water,mad.gif we were anchored so we kinda knew were it was. cwm40.gif so he takes another rod and ties about seven 10/0 hooks on the line with a sinker above the hooks and one below the hooks. second cast he snags the line on the setup and gets it backhighfive.gif thats about 500.00 in rod and reel.he didn't even panic, it was in and out of the water in 10 minutes. my fish was nice but his catch was better.

I was shorefishing for bat rays and was not attending to my rod, naughty, when suddenly I heard a crashing sound and rushing to my rod found it was gone. Got a kayak and trolled around a bit. Found the line, found the rod, found the bat ray! Teaches me for not paying attention etc.

Great story and I'm glad you got your rig back. Like deepbluesea said, make sure you take that Avet apart and clean real well or you may have issues down the road.