Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr..Striper

My PB, on the fly that is...

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Could not get back to sleep this morning around 5am. So, I still had my friends boat hooked to my truck. I thought , he wont mind, (and he didnt), so I grabed my baitcasting striper rod, my shad rod, (witch I never used either one of) and my 10wt fly rod.

Got to the howe ramp at 5:30. Headed up past watt to just past the power lines. I got only that far because there were stripes showing on the surface. Motored up past them, and started my drift. My clouser hit the water, and with in 3 strips, it was fish on! Sweet!! I havent caught a striper on the fly in years. Got it to the boat, wieghed 3lbs. Released it back to the river, and motored back up for another drift. I caught 3 more the same size and some "LDR's"after a few drifts.

Left that area for half an hour or so and headed up river. Tried a few spots for nothing. So, headed back down river to drift through that area one more time. I could see some surface action as I rounded the corner. Killed the motor and began casting. My 4th cast into the area where they were rising and this bad boy hammered my fly. 0604000902950001.jpg

Oh, by the way, I tyed these clousers myself. It's first run striped all the line I had out in my bucket and I was fighting it off the reel now. I was freaking out everytime the fish would start ripping line off of the reel. I knew this was going to be a good fish. This little guy was fishing on shore and watched the whole thing go down, he's also the one who took the pic for me. I dont know who was having more fun, me or him. He freaked out when I let the beast back into the water to fight agian another day. I just laughed and said it was too big of a fish to kill today.

The fish went just over 15lbs, witch is my PB on a fly rod. Wish the other 4 had been just as hefty, but they too were fun. I will remember that fight for ever. Drifted through a few more times with no action from me or the surface. Got back home just in time for breakfast with the fam.

Congratulations on your new PB. Good job on the report. Thanks for sharing.

Will that picture be in your signature?

View PostCould not get back to sleep this morning around 5am. So, I still had my friends boat hooked to my truck. I thought , he wont mind, (and he didnt), so I grabed my baitcasting striper rod, my shad rod, (witch I never used either one of) and my 10wt fly rod.

Got to the howe ramp at 5:30. Headed up past watt to just past the power lines. I got only that far because there were stripes showing on the surface. Motored up past them, and started my drift. My clouser hit the water, and with in 3 strips, it was fish on! Sweet!! I havent caught a striper on the fly in years. Got it to the boat, wieghed 3lbs. Released it back to the river, and motored back up for another drift. I caught 3 more the same size and some "LDR's"after a few drifts.

Left that area for half an hour or so and headed up river. Tried a few spots for nothing. So, headed back down river to drift through that area one more time. I could see some surface action as I rounded the corner. Killed the motor and began casting. My 4th cast into the area where they were rising and this bad boy hammered my fly. 0604000902950001.jpg

Oh, by the way, I tyed these clousers myself. It's first run striped all the line I had out in my bucket and I was fighting it off the reel now. I was freaking out everytime the fish would start ripping line off of the reel. I knew this was going to be a good fish. This little guy was fishing on shore and watched the whole thing go down, he's also the one who took the pic for me. I dont know who was having more fun, me or him. He freaked out when I let the beast back into the water to fight agian another day. I just laughed and said it was too big of a fish to kill today.

The fish went just over 15lbs, witch is my PB on a fly rod. Wish the other 4 had been just as hefty, but they too were fun. I will remember that fight for ever. Drifted through a few more times with no action from me or the surface. Got back home just in time for breakfast with the fam.

I leave you alone to fish by your self for a few months and you start fishing with a sissy stick.....next it will be tattoos, jewelry, dope and bad mouthing your country as your drive to and from fly fishing only zones in your Pruis.

View PostI leave you alone to fish by your self for a few months and you start fishing with a sissy stick.....next it will be tattoos, jewelry, dope and bad mouthing your country as your drive to and from fly fishing only zones in your Pruis.

lol, and dont forget my Starbucks.

nice pb. good dawn patrol action.

It's first run striped all the line I had out in my bucket

first time i've seen this typo go this way.