Bruce Springsteen wanted by the authorities

Rate this topic

Kamel

View PostBruce doesn't suck, some of his stuff is damn good, and the E-street band is one of the most talented bands in the biz.

much of the boss hate is based off political views icon14.gif true story.

I humbly crave your indulgence to read this message with all seriousness of purpose devoid of any doubt in your mind because this project is based on Trust confidentiality and Sincerity of purpose in order to have an acceptable meeting of the minds.

i roll my eyes and ***** and moan every time he gets political--HATE it in fact. except the food for the poor stuff. celebs should stick to causes that nobody can argue with. or get into politics and out of music. same way i don't want to hear brian williams or whoever sing the river at 6:30 pm on a weekday.

i was not a fan of the boss at all until i met mah jersey girl wife. i have seen the light and 60+ shows later there are few things i'd rather do. his shows kick ass and he + the band always gives 100% icon14.gif first summer in a while we don't have his shows frown.gif

I humbly crave your indulgence to read this message with all seriousness of purpose devoid of any doubt in your mind because this project is based on Trust confidentiality and Sincerity of purpose in order to have an acceptable meeting of the minds.

He peaked in 1975

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
Hedley Lamar
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest, was the low spark of high-heeled boys"
Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood

View Posti roll my eyes and ***** and moan every time he gets political--HATE it in fact. except the food for the poor stuff. celebs should stick to causes that nobody can argue with. or get into politics and out of music. same way i don't want to hear brian williams or whoever sing the river at 6:30 pm on a weekday.

i was not a fan of the boss at all until i met mah jersey girl wife. i have seen the light and 60+ shows later there are few things i'd rather do. his shows kick ass and he + the band always gives 100% icon14.gif first summer in a while we don't have his shows frown.gif

icon14.gif

View PostAn album earlier, actually...The Wild, The Innocent, and the E-Street Shuffle...down hill from there...

Born to Run sounds like marching band music to me...Thunder Road excepted...

jungleland?????????? say it ain't so homey shakehead.gif

nebraska is pretty bad ass as well.

i will admit the vast majority of my favorites are from the first five albums (and first three in particular). add in the rising because of it's importance in my life unlike the others.

View Postjungleland?????????? say it ain't so homey shakehead.gif

nebraska is pretty bad ass as well.

i will admit the vast majority of my favorites are from the first five albums (and first three in particular). add in the rising because of it's importance in my life unlike the others.

Yeah...unfortunately...the more he tends towards bombast, the less I like him. I frankly like his ballads far more than his attempts at rocking out, which always feel very ham-handed and over wrought. He's capable of writing some really good stuff...

David Sancious brought a beautiful touch to the band...once he split...

I'm indifferent to his politics...I don't want to hear any musician talk about anything at length, though...bang, bang, bang - end a song, get right into the next one.

Ordinary ****ing people - I hate 'em.

View Posti roll my eyes and ***** and moan every time he gets political--HATE it in fact. except the food for the poor stuff. celebs should stick to causes that nobody can argue with. or get into politics and out of music. same way i don't want to hear brian williams or whoever sing the river at 6:30 pm on a weekday.

60 shows, nice. clapping.gif I'm with ya on the politics talk at concerts. Ya wanna do it through the music, or in interviews after the show then I am fine. I do not need to be preached to...from either side of the aisle, when I am paying for a concert. I went to a bunch of shows from the Sgt. King benefit up through the stadium shows of the tour after the Rising. It was there that I got turned off to the point that I don't even want to buy a ticket to a show anymore. I'll listen to my old boots and be happy.

In related news Kip Winger has also been arrested.

Yeah, I saw sparks fly

From the corner of my eye

And when I turned (whoo)

It was love at first sight

I said please excuse me

I didn't catch your name (whoa)

It'd be a shame

Not to see you again

And just when I thought

She was coming to my door

She whispered sweet

And brought me to the floor

She said

Chorus:

I'm only seventeen (seventeen)

I'll show you love like you've never seen

She's only seventeen (seventeen)

Daddy says she's too young

But she's old enough for me

Come to my place

We can talk it over (oh)

Everything going down in your head

She said take it easy

I need some time

Time to work it out

To make you mine

And just when I thought

She was coming to my door

She whispered sweet

And brought me to the floor

She said,

Chorus:

I'm only seventeen (seventeen)

You ain't seen love

Ain't seen nothing like me

She's only seventeen

Seventeen........yeah!!!!

(Guitar Solo)

Such a bad girl

Loves to work me over time

Feels good (ha)

Dancin' close to the borderline

She's a magic mountain

She's a leather glove (oh)

She's my soul

It must be love

Chorus:

The girl she gives me love like I've never seen

But she's old enough for me

Seventeen!!

She's everything I need (seventeen)

But she's old enough

Old enough for me

Yeah! Yeah!!

(Guitar Solo Outro)

The irony is that at the time, I liked 'Hungry Hearts' - but in retrospect, that was the beginning of his spiral down (at least in my eyes)...the album that came from was his equivilent to what Joshua Tree was to U2 - one the most commercially successful albums at face value for each artist/band respectively, but yet also the first evidence of them becoming a sell out.