Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minivin5

BP.....

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Ok say they do cap this well, just what do the plan on doing with the equivalent of 4,000 oil tank trucks of oil in the gulf?? I moved here 10 yrs ago because i can fish 24/7 in near perfect conditions.... the way it looks now this spill could affect the entire seaboard.... no snapper grouper from florida, no oysters from the eastern seaboard, not crabs from the mid atlantic area.... just what do the plan on doing to correct this issue??? Could a hurricane or two help or hinder this problem???cwm15.gif

View PostOk say they do cap this well, just what do the plan on doing with the equivalent of 4,000 oil tank trucks of oil in the gulf?? I moved here 10 yrs ago because i can fish 24/7 in near perfect conditions.... the way it looks now this spill could affect the entire seaboard.... no snapper grouper from florida, no oysters from the eastern seaboard, not crabs from the mid atlantic area.... just what do the plan on doing to correct this issue??? Could a hurricane or two help or hinder this problem???cwm15.gif

I would imagine that heavy surf and storm surge would added to the mix would be a disaster... think about how far inland a good storm surge could drive the oil, so instead of just (and I use "just" with super huge *) cleaning up the estuaries and marshes, you're cleaning up normally dry land and freshwater wetlands as well... not good.frown.gif

178 egregious, or worse, safety violations versus a maximum of 8 by competitors over the same time period... and that's understanding that ideally that number should of course be a big fat 0. If BP is cringing about how much their using their checkbook now, they'd better get a bigger, much bigger check book for the relatively near future... they'll be compensating MANY multiple times more than they are currently even if the worst-case scenario doesn't come to fruition...