Life.. the series

Rate this topic

TLDig

Thanks to Sageguy, who ordered this for me a couple months ago, I'm watching it on DVD right now.

Thank you Sageguy. That was quite a gift. I had forgotten about it until I opened the package this afternoon when I got home.heart.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

I can't begin to express how much better it is with David Attenborough narrating it than it was when Oprah did it on TV.clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Ack. Foo.

I want to die from a good old fashioned case of living.

I was wondering just the other day if you had that yet. They are re-playing it and were advertising it the other day. Tried to watch it with opra but my disdain for her made me change the channel.

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

shoot, it was released on the second, i got it today,

sageguy rocks! it was a nice surprise today.

110 times better with david attenborough.

mike rowe would have been great too. i REALLY like david attenborough for my nature flicks, though. he's done so many that it almost seems unnatural to watch one that he doesn't narrate.

his obvious love for nature and exuberance for whatever he is talking about really comes through in his voice and inflection... and so far, not a single stupid comment about how females like the longer stalks and stuff. just the facts, with a lot of enthusiasm and love for nature. icon14.gif

he's gotta be close to 80 now.frown.gif

i think mike rowe will be a fine successor.

Ack. Foo.

Sorry, but no one will ever better Marlin Perkins and Marty Stauffer in my mind. And I'm not afraid to admit that there were many nights I was rooting for the alligators and the cheetahs against those two. They always seemed so confident rolling right into their world.

-

View Postshoot, it was released on the second, i got it today,

sageguy rocks! it was a nice surprise today.

110 times better with david attenborough.

mike rowe would have been great too. i REALLY like david attenborough for my nature flicks, though. he's done so many that it almost seems unnatural to watch one that he doesn't narrate.

his obvious love for nature and exuberance for whatever he is talking about really comes through in his voice and inflection... and so far, not a single stupid comment about how females like the longer stalks and stuff. just the facts, with a lot of enthusiasm and love for nature. icon14.gif

he's gotta be close to 80 now.frown.gif

i think mike rowe will be a fine successor.

He's the best!! I remember one show (think it was Blue Planet) where he was up in a balloon about a mile and was having some trouble breathing. He was only getting out a couple of words at a time. I can still hear him; the air.....up here......is very thin....while sucking oxygen between words. He then proceeds to lower a net out of the balloon and caught a couple of tiny spiders that were caught in the wind.

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

View Postnot blue planet... i think it was on Life in the Undergrowth... which I actually just re-watched last week. icon14.gif

can't remember. this was easily 25 years ago that I saw it.

View PostHe's the best!! I remember one show (think it was Blue Planet) where he was up in a balloon about a mile and was having some trouble breathing. He was only getting out a couple of words at a time. I can still hear him; the air.....up here......is very thin....while sucking oxygen between words. He then proceeds to lower a net out of the balloon and caught a couple of tiny spiders that were caught in the wind.

icon14.gif

I remember that particular part because it blew me away, tiny spiders a mile up, circumnavigating the globe (or something close) ?? I can't remember the name of the special though, hell I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday. I don't think I've missed too many of these types of shows over the years.. really the best stuff on TV hands down

View Postcan't remember. this was easily 25 years ago that I saw it.

OK... then it's on the Living Planet series I have... which is on DVD, but obviously dubbed from a reel.... and definitely back in the 70s. You could tell because he's still young and his clothing style.

I watched that last month. I go through the whole series about every 5 months and start over, adding an occasional series as I go!

Ack. Foo.

View PostOK... then it's on the Living Planet series I have... which is on DVD, but obviously dubbed from a reel.... and definitely back in the 70s. You could tell because he's still young and his clothing style.

I watched that last month. I go through the whole series about every 5 months and start over, adding an occasional series as I go!

that's it!! I knew there was planet in the name. wink.gif