Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hannibal

What size wheel bearing for load rite trailer?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

You really should pull one off and bring it to where ever you buy your trailer parts from, that way you will be 100% certain you have the correct part.

Also, I would always mount a hub and greased bearings to my spare, that way if you get a flat you just need to wrestle with one cotter pin and nut as opposed to 5 rusty lug nuts. Same thing if you spin a bearing, saves lots of time.

View PostYou really should pull one off and bring it to where ever you buy your trailer parts from, that way you will be 100% certain you have the correct part.

Also, I would always mount a hub and greased bearings to my spare, that way if you get a flat you just need to wrestle with one cotter pin and nut as opposed to 5 rusty lug nuts. Same thing if you spin a bearing, saves lots of time.

Good idea...I don't even have a spare I guess I should get one,even though the ramp is <2-3 miles away it can happen...

Pull one hub off and knock the inner and out bearings out a long with the races. Look at the grease sheild,bearings and races. The part numbers should be stamped on them. When you go to the parts store get 3 sets. Go home and pull the other wheel and replace them all. That way you will be starting out with a fresh set. Keep the other set in your tow vehicle. The ramp that I use is less then 1/2 mile away. My trailer is new last year and I have a spare set in my truck. You never know.

Replaced everything this weekend. Wheels/tires, hubs, brakes, bearings, etc. Everything was in "suspect" condition. For what I just put into it, I could have found myself a used trailer. But it's done right.