Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bassboy25

Sharks, rays or anything big- from the beach?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

In a month or so I'm going to stay on the beach down in Reedville, VA, right on the chesapeake, and me and my friend were going to do some fishing. Even though they're generally thought of as "trash fish", I'd really like to try catching a juvenile sandbar shark or a cownosed ray, which from what I know are pretty common in the area. What tactics would you recomnd for catching either of these from shore? (I'm absolutely fascinated with sharks and rays)Also, does anyone know any fish down there that would be relatively big and fun to catch without a boat, and how would you catch those fish? All I catch are croaker and spot usually. We do have a canoe to use, but I'd rather not fish for big fish from a canoe. Really I'll just be happy if I catch anything bigger than 6 lbs. that puts up a decent fight, although I'd really like to catch something 10 or even 15 lbs. I'm just sick to death of sunfish, perch and small bass at my local lake (Any fish bigger than 3 lbs. is a whopper there!). Can anyone help me out?

View Postyou mean like electronic fish finder? idk if thats in my budget haha but I'll try the clams and crabs, thx!

I think he means a specific fishing rig.Goto fish bible may have illustrations and howto.Good luck!

No, a carolina fish finder is a sliding weight, your line stays near the bottom and you leave your reel in free spool w/ clicker on ...when big Red/Black Drum run w/ baited hook you throw reel in gear & battle a 50+lb fish, dogfish & rays like them too...the bite is starting to turn on..water temps are warming...good luck