Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
catfishonthelake

What ever happened to Monica Oswald?

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

I stopped following this story after her fluke was disqualified for the world record, but recently noticed none of her catches are recognized as state records. The Google trail goes cold. Does anyone know what happened?

View PostSo, why was her fish disqualified......please excuse my ignorance.

If you're asking about the Fluke - I believe she confessed to resting the rod on the boat gunwale - immediate disqualification. Don't know about any other fish record changes.

Can't really see how she could handle that fish.........

We had a huge fluke on last fall that was much larger than our landing net in the boat. Took my son and rod around the stern of the boat and sheard 50lb leader on our port side trim tab....the fish picked up a bunker on a 9/0 Gorilla and a fishfinder rig. We were fishin' for bass....

As someone else said, the fish was disqualified from the IGFA as a world record because she rested the rod on the gunwale. She never submitted an application for a state record. She won first place for fluke in the Fisheman Magazines dream boat contest. The fish was had been allegedly taken from the cooler in her open garage, dragged away and mutilated prior to officals arriving to check it out. It was a great fish and it could have been caught legally by her or anyone else as long as they had a proper sized net or gaff.

However, with the way that fish looked with it's head partially torn off in the picture, I have my doubts.

Paul Haertel

Monica is around. I spoke with her a couple times over the winter at local flea markets. Considering some of the less than gracious things people said (wrote) about her that had little or nothing to do with the potential record fluke it's no wonder she keeps a low profile.