Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redfin

question on waders

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Anyone find that the bootie on most stocking foot waders are way too big?

I bought several pairs over the years and found this to be the same across the board. I wear a size 12 shoe and most booties look like they go 15 plus. All that material is uncomfortable in the wading shoe and it forces you to go to a bigg shoe than necessary. Any suggestions? Maybe some brands run smaller.

My Simms G3's have just a little extra material in the foot but it's definitely not uncomfortable or even noticable. What brand(s) are you having trouble with?

I've had this arguement with about a dozen waded manufacturers over the years. Some are aware of it And are trying to figure out how to solve the issue and others just claim they are trying to make the foot one size fits all. I recently had to send a pair of patagonias back and when I spoke to them I complained about the over sized feet. They asked what size I wore and put the right size bootie on them. They told me you can order waders from them with a specific size neoprene bootie at no extra charge. As said above though simms has the best sizing by far.

I have bought several over the years from orvis, cabelas, basspro. Even tried a pair of hodgeman from Dicks once. The orvis were the most money and thast was years back. All the recent ones have been decent waders but kind of on the mid to lower end of the price scale. I have gone the boot foot route before. For long treks and rock hopping, I just can't deal with an inferior rubber boot. For me the comfort of a wading shoe is the way to go.

I've found that the lower end waders are more prone to this than higher end waders. Trying them on before buying them is also a plus, if possible.

Had good luck with Orvis myself. If they leak or you have a problem bring them back and they swap them out no questions asked. They did this for me a few weeks ago.

Also I think you get their waders by the size of your foot. So you'll get a better fit.

Orvis does has a very good return policy and our local store has been very

accomodating but rarely do I get more than a one years worth of service out

of their waders before they spring a leak.

View PostHave you tried Bootfoot's? More comfortable to me & no issue with sand getting into the wadering boots.

I make a living wearing waders,i've tried multiple ones out (borrowed from friends) Neoprene thin waders are the best for moving around in,boot footed waders!!!

Rubber,the thicker the less you move!