Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PAsurffishing87

Indian River Inlet???

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Blues on the incoming tide during the day, stripers have been caught as well. The boat traffic has probably had an impact on the striper bite during the day.

Shad are running in the inlet as well.

Check out the oldinlet website for fishing reports to get an idea of how the fish are being caught.

Good luck.

Oh yeah don't tell anyone but the fishing is just down right terrible! thumbd.gif

And the seatrout rolled in last night - good 5/6 pounders - but don't tell anyone! tongue.gif

Have fun and Good Luck...........highfive.gif

View Post

And the seatrout rolled in last night - good 5/6 pounders - but don't tell anyone! tongue.gif

I won't believe it till I see a pic of one. No offense intended of course, just saddened by their disappearance. They were the reason I fished the inlet, plenty of stripers to be caught for me in other places. I'd love to think they're going to make a comeback because of the new regs (the commercial ones) but since NC basically flipped of the ASMFC on the issue, whatever comeback will be short lived and they'll get wiped out this winter.

Apologies for the tangent, but they're my favorite fish that swims in the ocean.

View PostI won't believe it till I see a pic of one. No offense intended of course, just saddened by their disappearance. They were the reason I fished the inlet, plenty of stripers to be caught for me in other places. I'd love to think they're going to make a comeback because of the new regs (the commercial ones) but since NC basically flipped of the ASMFC on the issue, whatever comeback will be short lived and they'll get wiped out this winter.

Apologies for the tangent, but they're my favorite fish that swims in the ocean.

HappyWave.gif Matt... Long time...Fished with your buddy Dae on one of the boats from Lewes a week or so ago... He told me great news... Congrats...

PS - what's a Trout? headscratch.gif

View PostHappyWave.gif Matt... Long time...Fished with your buddy Dae on one of the boats from Lewes a week or so ago... He told me great news... Congrats...

PS - what's a Trout? headscratch.gif

Thanks!

Dae mentioned you guys fished together. I've been meaning to head out on one of those trips, but I'm a shore monkey at heart.

As far as trout. you got me...? a fish that now swims only in my dreamsfrown.gif