Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mainiac

S.o.b. !!!

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Portlandsurfcaster calls me this morning."Mal,there's acres of bass breaking here!" I gabbed my gear and booked it to the fishing hole.Sure enough there were stripers busting bait all over the place.I managed three between 26" and 30" on a five inch black deceiver.On my fourth fish I snapped the top eighteen inches of my tip section off! Grrrr...mad.gif I had to leave with stripers going nuts all around me!frown.gif

Sorry Man!! If I had another rod I would have offered it to ya...... AT LEAST IT DIDN'T SUCK TO BE ME THIS MORNING.

Finally it all came together after having the boats put the fish down as soon as they showed all week, not another boat all morning due to the fog. We managed 24 fish all between 27" and 36". All on top water!!!!

lg_smile.gif

dayum.. that, is a pretty good kick to the gonadds! one of the reasons I never really minded carrying a couple rods.. had a rod do that to me and discovered it was the precise spot where it tapped on my tailgate when I carried them in back of the pickup... weakens the graphite right on that spot.. all those little taps add up... that's when I learned to stick a piece of pipe insulation on the rod right where it rests on the tailgate..

sounds like good fishing... where exactly were you??biggrin.gif

View Postsouth of? wink.gif

Hey TimmyB, how you doing up there in Cape E? You settled in yet? Catching fish? I'm not hearing much from the regulars so there must be wall to wall action.

I'm wondering if this was the same bunch I watched go wild Wednesday night just outside the Merrimack's mouth. It was an old-timey scene with hundreds of gannets and gulls just going ape over blasting fish. Alas, it was too rough for our boat but some who fished it told us they nailed the big ones hard.