Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flounderhooked21

What is your Largest Smallmouth and Largemouth?

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have never seen a smallmouth nor a largemouth bass before. Guys, what is your largest smallmouth/largemouth? Pictures welcome.....smile.gif

-Flounderhooked21

My best was a 4 or 5 lber that I caught a long time ago at boy scout summer camp. Gave my friend the rubber grub I was using and he caught a 36" northern pike. Anyway, I got a decent sized lmb yesterday, check out my thread on breaking my skunk for pics

Dang! That's a big one.

The biggest I've caught in Arkansas is under 4 lbs.

( they fight like little foriegn devils on 4lb ultralight tackle in the streams! )

hundreds of 1-2 lb fish, but never caught wall hangers.

Biggst largemouth, 8+ lbs, Arkansas farm pond, and a similar in lake Clarke Shores.

Catch lots and lot's of bass, but again, always under 4 lbs. I use ultralight, 4lb test, tiny Rapalas and jigs. maybe I need to use them big shiners?

Thanks guy for showing me some awesome pictures. As always, I take time looking at and admiring your great catches. Great catches guys! I am a huge saltwater angler but I like to hear what's being caught every now and then, whether it be saltwater or freshwater. Keep it going guys.smile.gif

-Flounderhooked21

I guess the sticky at the top was getting kinda stale with people posting their personal bests in a thread labeled personal bests, huh?biggrin.gif

Just starting SMB. Did a lot of LMB fishing, and 24 1/4 was the largest. This was a prespawn female, very fat. Weight guess, maybe 8 to 9 pounds. Caught in PA. I never spend the time to weigh or measure. I have tape rings on my rod every 2 inched, so I can hold them up for a couple seconds, and then back in the water