Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Climber82

Blew up a St. Croix Legend

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Caught several fish tonight at one of my favorite spots. Including 2 in the 40" range. I was using my new Legend that I've only fished 2 other times. I had just gotten a nice 36" to the shore that I got on a metal lip when the white water started to pull it back before I could grab her. All of a sudden SNAP my gorgeous new rod was in several pieces. frown.gif Luckily I had my back up with me so i grabbed it and went back to catch a few more. My problem is I just got the rod 2 weeks ago and I haven't registered her yet. Anyone think St. Croix will give me a problem? Or has anyone else done anything like this? I've never snapped a rod before and I couldn't believe it when this one broke!! headscratch.gif No worries I guess that's what the warranty is for I just never would have expected it.

You can do what they said, but you're covered either way. I just registered mine. The warranty said to register within 30 days to be covered from date of purchase, or you will be covered from the date of manufacture.

View PostYou can do what they said, but you're covered either way. I just registered mine. The warranty said to register within 30 days to be covered from date of purchase, or you will be covered from the date of manufacture.

It's a lifetime warranty so it does not matter..smile.gif

For $50 they'll replace it no-questions asked, even though it sure sounds to me like you broke it by "high-sticking" when the receding wave started pulling the fish back out. wink.gif

When the fish is in the wash and that happens, you should always drop the rod down and to the side and prevent all of the weight of the fish and the force of the wave from resting on the tip section--which is what happens when you keep the rod vertical.

I always drop the rod to the side when the fish is close--always. No matter what rod it is.

if its to rocky I can't do what you suggest, sometimes even using korkers I can't climb the last rock redface.gif

DBS

View PostFor $50 they'll replace it no-questions asked, even though it sure sounds to me like you broke it by "high-sticking" when the receding wave started pulling the fish back out. wink.gif

When the fish is in the wash and that happens, you should always drop the rod down and to the side and prevent all of the weight of the fish and the force of the wave from resting on the tip section--which is what happens when you keep the rod vertical.

I always drop the rod to the side when the fish is close--always. No matter what rod it is.

I always loosen the drag on bigger fish when they get closer in. I started doing this when I started fishing for King Salmon. They see the rocks you're standing on and hit the gas. With so little line out they just snap you right off. Just a habit now.

it doesn't even matter if u broke it on purpose or by accident

they will replace it when i had mine broken into 20 or so pieces i sent

it back and they replaced it for 50 bucks plus 20 for shipping.

don't ask me how it broke long story.

The Legend rods were battle tested by the likes of Boogieman(he said he did everything to try and break the rod but couldn,t) Swiss and Tnt (they were swinging bass upwards of 15 to 20 pounds up over a bulkhead on many different occasions and couldnt get the rod to fail) and many others.Of course your going to have some failures but its definitely in the minority.Like Ditch Jigger suggested it certainly sounds like high sticking, and dont have the drag so tight so close in.The sooner you send it in the sooner you will have a new rod in your hands.