Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
classdwhite

repainting my redfins

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

So i have some old redfins that have seen better days that i would like to repaint. Ive never done anything like this before but i figured id scuff them a little bit with some 500 grit sandpaper and paint them. My question is how should i paint them? Would rattlecan paint then a clearcoat suffice or would that not be durable enough?

Or you can get as "cute" as you like.

Here are some Megabaits that I painted (airbrush n acrylic) and sealed with epoxy (Envirotex lite)

Use a 1" foam brush with the epoxy and put it on thin. Hang it and flip it every 15 minutes or so for the first hour, you can go longer as it sets up. Done flipping in about 3 or 4 hours.

I try to time my epoxying to coincide with a ball game.

View PostOr you can get as "cute" as you like.

Here are some Megabaits that I painted (airbrush n acrylic) and sealed with epoxy (Envirotex lite)

Use a 1" foam brush with the epoxy and put it on thin. Hang it and flip it every 15 minutes or so for the first hour, you can go longer as it sets up. Done flipping in about 3 or 4 hours.

Attachment 366263

Attachment 366264

Attachment 366265

Attachment 366266

Sudsy those are sick, you should see the load of crap I have from trying that.

View PostOr you can get as "cute" as you like.

Attachment 366263

Attachment 366264

Attachment 366265

Attachment 366266

That's cool!!!! Im gona have to try that.

Crap, almost forgot, and this is important !

Prime ! I like BIN shellac based primer in the red spray can

And don't forget to remove all the hardware and tape off the lip with masking tape (obviously)

View PostSo i have some old redefines that have seen better days that i would like to repaint. Ive never done anything like this before but i figured id scuff them a little bit with some 500 grit sandpaper and paint them. My question is how should i paint them? Would rattlecan paint then a clearcoat suffice or would that not be durable enough?

Yap go for it .I have a Friend who fishes mostly at night and he painted his old Red Fins black and he says they catch just fine. Black is his favorite color.