Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grinder

8 foot trigger - 16oz+

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hopefully some of you guys can help out. I am looking for an 8 foot trigger that can handle 16/20oz plus eels/bucktails. I want a stiff mid section with a pseudo soft tip... anybody have an suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

SSCG

How about a Seeker West coast ULUA. Cut down from 10' to whatever you need?? I have one cut to 9'3" that will throw 12oz all day I know it wouldn't take much to get it to throw in your range. They are fat butt blanks but are very light and strong as sh... well.. there strong!! you could cut tip and butt to get to where you like it.

4 models are made 1) Super Seeker 2) composite 3) all S-glass 4) East coast 93H Super Seeker which has a smaller butt compared to the others. I have all of these and haven't figured out what to do with them all...headscratch.gif

I have been building them with those specks for a long time. Look at a Calstar GFX800M custom with a #22 Fuji trigger seat. It's the "go to" rod for eeling and bucktailing The Race. My own personal rod is trimmed to 7.5 feet with six inches off the butt and spiral wrapped.

Al G.