Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xahoidenbbb

best fishing spot

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

There is no such thing. Presence of bait, tide, current, wind, water temp/salinity/clarity/oxygenation, structure, and dozens of other factors all come together to make a spot productive at a particular time. As these things change, so does the quality of the fishing and the best place to be fishing.

View PostThere is no such thing. Presence of bait, tide, current, wind, water temp/salinity/clarity/oxygenation, structure, and dozens of other factors all come together to make a spot productive at a particular time. As these things change, so does the quality of the fishing and the best place to be fishing.

Hit the nail real hard on the head with that one!!

Carlos

I'll tell you where it's not and that is on this forum. No spot burning. Do your own homework by putting in the time on the water. No ones gonna just give up their favorite fishing location. If you want generalities, never fished the NE but my vote would be the SE U.S. discounting the now closed waters of the Gulf.

Not trying to be funny. I just had a call from a friend who organized a trip to Panama this summer. He had somebody back out and offered me the slot at 1/2 price and I still couldn't afford it.

I went on the same trip 2 years ago with the same bunch of guys and had some of the very best fishing of my life. I'll probably moan and groan all night. Heck, maybe I'll hit the lottery tonight and the spot will still be open tomorrow.

Just imagine 46 Wahoo the first afternoon of the trip! I really would like to catch one on my flyrod

I don't know anything about VA, but isn't the hunt part of the fun? Learning the area. Learning the water. Learning how others do it. Learning things like knots and rigs. Learning the fish. Learning the bait. Then making the personal adjustments. Its not always about instant gratification. The satisfaction of learning the basic times and places to look and then going out and finding fish is what its all about as far as I'm concerned.