Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bostonian23

my first keeper

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

If this was a hunting forum now is where i'd say (Jokingly) - that's a 2.5 year old and you should have let him walk (err, swim) for another couple years to really mature.

But being a fishing forum... HECK YEAH! Great looking fish and it sounds like an awesome fight to boot. More story smile.gif

Plug/bait/fly? GPS coordinates (KIDDING)

Congrats on an awesome fish!

Got it on a white sluggo rigged with a 3oz jighead. Was working it pretty close to the bottom, felt the hit but wasn't a very hard one, when it proceeded to take half my spool i realized it was a big fish, there were about 5 or 6 guys who i had to go over and under there lines, walking down to try and catch up with it, all very helpful and excited which was awesome. Pretty much the single most exciting moment of fishing to date. First time I witnessed a true blitz at the canal, was amazing to say the least. By the time i got her in, it was over but was well wroth it!

highfive.gif Nice job. Hopefully things only get better, however you set a pretty high benchmark. I caught a 43'' fish in the ditch a couple of weeks ago, never do weigh it. I will post a photo in the next few days. Unfortunetly have gotten the skunk.gif since then, hopefully your luck continues. Your fish looks like it was heavierclapping.gif...Congrats!

EXCELLENT Ryan! clapping.gif.....and that's a really nice fish to have as your first keeper. smile.gif

I've seen the set up you use, and if it is the same one as I think it is, extra special kudos for dragging her in with that.....clapping.gifsmile.gificon14.gif