Favorite Untraditional Bucktail Trailers

Rate this topic

BassinJ

The traditional bucktail trailers seem to be curly tail grubs, and pork rinds. What are some of your favorite untraditional bucktail trailers, and when do you choose to use them over the traditional trailers? Thanks for playing along!

No excuses, go fishing.

Sluggos, Bass Assassin Sea shads, Bass Assassin Eel Assassin, Uncle Josh Black Widow Eels.

When - When I want to present a different profile or when a want a certain profile deeper in the water column.

A Curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities.

slug-gos and fin-s work when spearing and sand eels are around in the spring, only problem ie they dont hold up that well.

"It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready" -The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway

10" purple or red jelly wormsicon14.gif

10" black or black/ silver curly tail power worms heart.gif

dead eels heart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

I'll use these in the warmer months when I want a large bait down deep for slow hopping the jig in current.

Rod Building is an addiction, the N.E.R.B.S. help feed that addiction.

Tie 4 or 5 saddle hackle feathers to the hook shaft. Use 4" or 5" feathers. Very nice squid imitator, the feathers in water provide lots of action. Only drawback is the feather shafts tend to be a little fragile when fish are chomping on them. Awesome trailer.

View PostTie 4 or 5 saddle hackle feathers to the hook shaft. Use 4" or 5" feathers.

BINGO Brother.

How pretty is a White Smilin' Bill with red lips and a yellow chicken feather butt. But not durable like the epoxy coated threads over bucktail.

Fishing is a delusion entirely surrounded by liars in old clothes.