Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J

Surgery #6 over and done with...

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

I had the neck surgery yesterday. They added two more titanium anterior fusions to C5/6 & C6/7. Surgery took 3 hours. They couldn't remove the old smaller fusion so they piggy-backed the new one and jury-rigged the 5 vertebra together.

Pain has been minimal. I hurt more in my throat from the intubation than from the surgery itself.

They have me hooked up to a dilaudid pump but I have hardly hit the button. It will be removed in a short while. I also passed on a new script for narcotics, I'm feeling that good...

My ride home will be here at noon and I'll be happy to be back in my own house.

Overall,this has been the easiest of the 6 disc surgeries. I'm happy it is behind me and I am optimistic the effort will pay off huge for me. I just may get to fish this summer after all. highfive.gif

i was thinkin who the heck other than JayR has been cut up that much other than Shaky headscratch.gif

glad thats over with and went well J. sounds like a quick recovery is in your future icon14.gif

View PostI had the neck surgery yesterday. They added two more titanium anterior fusions to C5/6 & C6/7. Surgery took 3 hours. They couldn't remove the old smaller fusion so they piggy-backed the new one and jury-rigged the 5 vertebra together.

Pain has been minimal. I hurt more in my throat from the intubation than from the surgery itself.

They have me hooked up to a dilaudid pump but I have hardly hit the button. It will be removed in a short while. I also passed on a new script for narcotics, I'm feeling that good...

My ride home will be here at noon and I'll be happy to be back in my own house.

Overall,this has been the easiest of the 6 disc surgeries. I'm happy it is behind me and I am optimistic the effort will pay off huge for me. I just may get to fish this summer after all. highfive.gif

clapping.gifhighfive.gifclapping.gif