Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TurtleCove

Clover

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

View PostAnyone know of a fetilizer or chemical spread that will get rid of lawn clover?

Yeah, check with homies. Bought something there a cuploe of years ago that attaches to the hose and gets sprayed on. Worked well but I never followed up and now 3/4's of my front yard is filled with with flowers. I don't remember what it was called nor the manufactuer but it was made speciafically for clover.

Lots O' clover means yer lawn is nitrogen deficient cwm15.gif

Clover pulls nitrogen from the air & puts it back in the soil

That's why clover is usually darker green than the surrounding grass.

You need to restore the lawn nutrients to favor the grass.

Don't remove the grass clippings & fertilize liberally icon14.gif

Scott's will work. I use Bonus S on my lawn...the clover gets a little brown, then a second application about a month later and a few rain showers (or irrigate) later...does the trick. Also takes care of dollar weed (or silver dollar) and dandelion.

For much quicker results, nothing beats Crossbow broadleaf herbicide...it will kill everything except 'blade' leafed grasses. Don't get it on your shrubbery.

View PostAnyone know of a fetilizer or chemical spread that will get rid of lawn clover?

Why? shakehead.gif

View Postcwm27.gif I bought 5 lbs of dutch clover seed last year to plant on my lawn cwm27.gif

icon14.gifsmile.gif

I just did Scotts Fertilizer and weed killer or Step 2. 2 weeks ago before my surgery. I have zoisa grass.. the glovers and dandy-lions are gone and my grass is much more better now.. LOL

View PostI just did Scotts Fertilizer and weed killer or Step 2. 2 weeks ago before my surgery. I have zoisa grass.. the glovers and dandy-lions are gone and my grass is much more better now.. LOL

And the fish food in Long Island Sound is dying..................frown.gifshakehead.gif

View PostI just did Scotts Fertilizer and weed killer or Step 2. 2 weeks ago before my surgery. I have zoisa grass.. the glovers and dandy-lions are gone and my grass is much more better now.. LOL

Thanks for the remindercwm40.gif