Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Benz

this weekend..

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

me and a few guys are heading on a little weekend excursion to RI. we'll be fishing the point jude, beavertail, newport, and the narragansett area. its guna be a friday night till sunday night thing. any of the sleeping that we will be doing will be in our trucks. so i was wondering if anyone knew of any spots in the area where we could get a few hours of shuteye in out vehicles without getting hassled. i'd really appreciate any help. pms are good. thanks! - mike

Guys sleep in their trucks at Charlestown B-way frequently... If you have rods and are fishing... never seen anyone bothered. Parking lot at Quonnie too. I think Beavertail can be tricky...

Just rent a camp site somewhere...they're cheap enough. That way you'll have a home base to work from and you won't need to convoy it to all your spots. Nice to have a place to return to after getting beat on the rocks, sleeping in the truck sucks!!!!!!!

I've never been hassled at the Tail or at Brentons. More than likely takin a few winks during the day Right? Cause right now, Night time is the right time to get no fish in Rhodie.

if you sleep in your car at brenton you will no doubt be disturbed. This weekend will be a zoo there. (assuming youll be sleeping in day). The tail could aloso be tricky but better than BP. If in newport/middletown I would say crash in one of the plaza parking lots. walmart/stop & shop. Jai lai parking lot would work too.

View Postshould be fine at Beavertail, narragansett town pier

Pt Jude lite parking lot, East Wall lot.

if I find you in the pier parking lot I might steal all your gear...

everybody is used to seeing a smelly guy in a truck full of fishing gear

but the outta state plates means open seasonbiggrin.gif

View PostPt Jude lite parking lot, East Wall lot.

if I find you in the pier parking lot I might steal all your gear...

everybody is used to seeing a smelly guy in a truck full of fishing gear

but the outta state plates means open seasonbiggrin.gif

Ain't that the trueth! clapping.gifhighfive.gifbeers.gifbiggrin.gif

Then again, Even a in-state Hummer or BMW (with rod racks) is game too. icon24.gif

burlingame or fishermans memorial is 20 bucks and you can take a shower. At burlingame with the right spot you can park under a tree in the shade and have a place to go to the bathroom when you wake up. Fish fri night, checkin and shower sat am, fish sat nite and shower sun am before checkout time. How can you beat that for the price?