Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimmyK

Broken Lamiglas

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

While moving into my new house my 2 year old got a hold of my 9' Super Surf Lamiglas. He ended up breaking about 8 inches off the top. Is there anyway to salvage this rod? Can I have someone strip everything off and rebuild it? Thanks for the help.

View PostWhile moving into my new house my 2 year old got a hold of my 9' Super Surf Lamiglas. He ended up breaking about 8 inches off the top. Is there anyway to salvage this rod? Can I have someone strip everything off and rebuild it? Thanks for the help.

Did I sell you this rod?

I am sorry to hear that and I don't have an answer to your question however I want to point out that such accidents can occur and that's the reason why I stick with companies like StCroix or Loomis with no questions asked lifetime warranties..(Call it insurance if you wish) for high end rods..I wish you all the luck in the repairing of this rod...smile.gif

I broke 6" off the tip of my GSB108L many years ago. It was still castable but I cut off another 12" from the butt and rewrapped it as my deep wreck and jigging rod. Excellent sensitivity, strong and light.

View PostWhile moving into my new house my 2 year old got a hold of my 9' Super Surf Lamiglas. He ended up breaking about 8 inches off the top. Is there anyway to salvage this rod? Can I have someone strip everything off and rebuild it? Thanks for the help.

unless you've got the skills and tools... or you're very close to/related to someone who does... it's generally not worth the costs involved... especially since the rod will never fish the same again....

but if you can get a GOOD deal on a rebuild, it might make a good backup rod... just remember it will fish quite a bit differently...

Give that kid an ugly stick cwm31.gif

Call Lamiglass. Tell them what happened. Ask if there is anything they can do to help you. They are great people. They listen and have heart.