Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Homer1

CTS 11'6 RH Custom Rods

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Picked up my new pluggin stick built by Heaver- what a beautiful piece! I selected the color; the thing really shines in bright sunlight- the normally opaque-looking epoxy becomes clear, showing the thread that perfectly matches the rod color. Makes the rod look seamless!

Guides are the new K-series from fuji, pretty cool aluminum reel seat too!

Thanks Rich!smile.gif

CTS6.jpg

CTS5.jpg

CTS4.jpg

CTS2.jpg

CTS1.jpg

I have not yet cast mine (waiting on a reel drool.gif ), but I did cast one that Heaver already had set up. I had to ask what reel n plug we were tossing, as I am only generally familiar w/ plugs, and even less so w/ JDM (Japanese) reels (was a Shimano Spin Joy and Lex pencil popper).

The lure seemed to disappear effortlessly. Very awesome!heart.gif

FLfisher,

i have an 11'6" and it is one of the finest casting rods I've owned. Before you decide on the low riders take a look at the "K" guides that are on Homers rod. We have been getting better distance on the 11'6' with these. Homers are titanimum but they are now available in Alconite.

I use both a 200 VS with 40# braid and a Saltiga with 20# braid.......... Very workable with both reels with the diastance going to the Saltiga. BUT each real has a specific purpose..... I'm very happy wth both combos.

View PostShimano Power Aero Albrid Cl4

heart.gif

They have been selling out very quickly at the Japanese shops; shops are on their third (limited) replenishment from Shimano. I haven't seen any at my Singapore or Indonesian shops so Shimano must be just keeping the shops on the Japan mainland supplied.

That didn't stop me though . . .

Get your Benjamins ready , they are on the way!

View Postheart.gif

They have been selling out very quickly at the Japanese shops; shops are on their third (limited) replenishment from Shimano. I haven't seen any at my Singapore or Indonesian shops so Shimano must be just keeping the shops on the Japan mainland supplied.

That didn't stop me though . . .

Get your Benjamins ready , they are on the way!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!highfive.gifhighfive.gif Thank you!

- no beach for me for a couple weeks; might have to hit Rhawn st??smile.gif

View PostYOU ARE THE MAN!!!highfive.gifhighfive.gif Thank you!

- no beach for me for a couple weeks; might have to hit Rhawn st??smile.gif

I'll get in touch when they arrive!

I been looking at the Ultegra XTB but I can't find a place that will drop that

VAT that acutally has the reels in stock...

View PostI wound up buying at a bit over $200 plus 3.5% PP fees and $110 shipping for 5 reels and a couple hats and stickers; I am also expecting to eventually pay duty. I have seen prices vary widely up to $260 each.

The Albrid is the same reel as the JDM Spinjoy ($160-180) and Shimano-UK's Ultegra XTB "baby pit" which is really the best bargain (given the strength of the ¥ against the $ and the £'s weakness against the $), you can find the XTB on sale now for 115£ plus shipping so with the EUVAT dropped off it's around $140. The Spinjoy and Ultegra have heavier synthetic material in the frames and rotors than the new CI4 and weigh about 3 oz more.

Edited to add: Be careful with the JDM reels, some have no drag . . . In the case of the Albrid (and Spinjoy) the non-drag model is named "Super Aero" and the drag model is "Power Aero."

I'll get in touch when they arrive!

They are getting hard to find also,I just ordered two of them from my guy over there and he said he cant get any more till September headscratch.gif

I guess Shimano can't keep up with the demand

View PostI been looking at the Ultegra XTB but I can't find a place that will drop that

VAT that acutally has the reels in stock...