Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theshadow

Nauset closed to ORVs

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

The southside of Nauset Beach closed this morning to ORVs.Looks like it will be till the 3rd week in July as it stands now.TWEET!!TWEET!!!! The Resident side will be closing from the Inlet back 1 1/2mi.Tomorrow a.m. that leaves appx. .5mi. and that will get smaller soon.

first year since... forever, I have not purchased a beach sticker... so glad i did not... the .5 on the inlet side will shrink soon enuf too.... just as easy to park, at a certain landing and walk to the inlet, if so inclined...

any idea when the feds slam the door at the seashore for ORV's?.. didn't buy that pass either...but do have the overnight parking lot pass... least that's free..and it gets more use!

Karl,the beach from the race station west to the x-over is still open as of now.The poleline and hatches are closed.There are nests right at the entrance so it won't be long.Southside is still open to the "m. bell" but!!!! As you know it's really "OLD NEWS".

Third year in 55 years without a sticker. The birders are getting there way i guess. Come to think of it i didn,t need a sticker 55 years ago. Just took a right below Mayo,s duck farm and headed south. As a matter of fact you could go to nauset inlet right off the north end of the beach parking lot. If you look close you can still see the grassed in trial.

Could even cross the bathing beach with your beach car at night in October and go from Nauset inlet to Chatham inlet.

As a kid i can remember hitchhiking with gas can, tool box, battery along rte28heading for unregistered cars parked below the duck farm.

Most every kid had a junker that they ran down the beach or around a cranberry bog before they were old enough to have a licence.

I won't even mention Monomy in here