Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leatherface

Finally Got Out

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Although it was more of a family thing, I did get to fish for about 3 hours with my father yesterday. First time out this year and it felt great to use some of my new equipment.

Tons of Blues around and they were fun to catch. My father had this real light setup he decided to switch to and hooked up with a nice striper. I would have to say it was at least 32" ( I know you guys prefer pounds, but I am not that experienced yet!) All of my bass I ever caught were boat fish measured in inches.

Anyway, after a great fight, he gets it to the rocks and we both realize there is no way his line is going to lift this fish. Not wanting to split my head open trying to climb down the rocks on such a beautiful Memorial Day, I grabbed my gloves and gently lifted the fish about 6 inches out of the water.. SNAP.. Good bye! HappyWave.gif

Oh well. It was fun and a good lesson was learned.. Most importantly, I was able to get out with my dad for some quality time..

excellent - good for you to spend some QT with your dad.

Got out as well this weekend, solo and with Bro-in-law- all night trips

No blues or bass, just a sea robin for the effort redface.gif

Nice my boys are young so I got a ways before worrring about the GF's

Going to bring the family out for a trip later in the season, when the blues are a little thicker and see if I can get them into some fish during the day

Still trying to get my son more interested. He went out a few times last year on the boat and had a ball. Blues were all over where I was Monday! I am sure if he came solo he would have grabbed my spare rod.. They were just the right size for him to be able to lift out of the water on the rocks without falling! biggrin.gif

nice - sounds like a great time

Haven't been out since Sunday myself - feeling the itch now to get out

Maybe tonight....

Kids out weekend after this one (family parties and the like lined up)