Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish'nmagician

My niece is fearless.....

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

went to Great Adventure on Monday with my sister's family.

we took the neice who is questionably 54" to the security booth and she passed the test and got the wrist band.

(which was nice because she would have failed at the gate every time (I think the rubber stoppers on the measuring sticks add a bit)

anyway this third grade girl went on Kingda Ka, El Torro and Batman the Ride with me.

was game for every other coaster in the park but time didn't allow.

no fear at all.

no pre ride anxiety.

little sisters can be braver than big brothers, case in point kingda ka. my linebacker wanted nothing to do with it, his sister has been drinking extra milk to get 54" for a year. well, she got it (barely, with paper towels stuffed in her shoes) and ive ben on that heart attack a dozen times since last summer, im pretty sure we approached ludicrous speed. now big bro joins us but she blazed the trail. usually we get there early and do nitro, nitro, nitro, el toro, el toro, kingdaka as many times as possible before getting queasy. that corkscrew on the way down is gratuitous imo, just in case you werent traumatized enough kooky.gif

I inhaled a bug as we did that blast off at the beginning,

should have bought the pic just for the look on my face.

pretty much the face of someone who just inhaled a bug.

A couple of weeks ago I was seconds away from getting my pic taken with the naked cowboy. Then I chickened out. I am living with regret.

My daughter, now 20, was fearless of the big rides at Cedar Point and Kings Island when whe was around that age. My youngest son on the other hand went on them, bet with reserve. I forget the name of the big coaster at Cedar Point, but that ride even scared the heck out of me. When we arrived at the top, I could see out over Lake Erie for miles and miles. cwm31.gif

View PostI can't imagine anything scarier than Great Adventure on Memorial Day....must have been a zoo.

actually it was rather quiet.

I was more annoyed that they were running limited numbers of cars on the coasters....

it would have been close to a no line day if they were.

maybe Monday was a big BBQ and Parade day,

or the heat kept people away,

either way it was a light attendance day.