Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Lure Washer

Fall Mountain Outfitters - Closed!!!

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I just found out that Fall Mountain Outfitters in Torrington Closed last week. Thats so sad! I remember riding my bike to his shop as a kid when they were located in Bristol. I Wish Tom and his Family the best of luck. I hate to see stuff like this happen.

frown.gif

I remember in the late 80's working in a Honda dealership in Wallingford and checking out a local discount dept. store...I think it was called "Stars"

Anyway - I was stunned to see what an excellent fishing department they had - the space was consigned by Fall Mountain Sports. They had good stuff, plenty of it, at the right price and sold by knowledgeable salespeople.

nope! The old guy passed away and his kid was running it for a while but they had weird hours and never had bait. Then if he did have bait if was garbage. It sucked losing that place but a bunch of other little hidden gems popped up in town. For instance the hardware store on Riverside Ave carries bait now.

View Postfrown.gif

I remember in the late 80's working in a Honda dealership in Wallingford and checking out a local discount dept. store...I think it was called "Stars"

Anyway - I was stunned to see what an excellent fishing department they had - the space was consigned by Fall Mountain Sports. They had good stuff, plenty of it, at the right price and sold by knowledgeable salespeople.

Ya I remember that too .

It use to be Mamoth Mart before Stars took it over .

Man I am feeling old.

We had a reel there to get repaired. He didn't even call us to tell us he was going out, we were just lucky that my dad heard about it a few days before he closed.

shakehead.gif

I just passed by the other day, and noticed they were gone. I've fished with Tom, a few times. He did a rod for me a few years back. Any idea what happened?

The times got him.  Couldn't compete w/ Wallyworld just up the road, the internet and the other large sporting goods stores in the area.  He's still around, though. Working for the DEP as a ranger at one of the local state parks three seasons a year at the moment.  Looking healthier than he has in years.  smile.gif