Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ErikT

Rock Fisherman

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Rock fishing:

In a far off place out east, 3 men were seen next to a jetty. One had a plug bag and was throwing a white\\pink\\white beachmaster. The other two were the "rock fisherman"

The man with the rod was casting to open waters to kill time and the plug was easy to see. The "rock-fisherman" were observed whispering and laughing as they devised a plan.

Like hail on the open water, stones started falling from the sky all around this poor, helpless metal-lip swimming through an arsenal never before seen by this plug.. No she wasn't looking behind her or underneath for a predator, she was looking up into the sky, hoping and praying that a boulder wouldn't come crashing down and break her back!

When approached about the details of this type of fishing, the "rock-fisherman" had this to say:

Step 1 - cast very far.

Step 2 - retrieve slowly

Step 3 - have moron friends aka "rock-fisherman" hurl assorted sized stones, rocks, shells, whatever at the slow rolling plug

Step 4 - when it gets close, reel fast so the idiots won't pelt your $25 hunk of wood with a 2 pound rock at 70 miles per hour LMAO

NOTES:

This actually went on this past weekend.. And it was hysterical.. Like a bunch of little kids.. We did this for about an hour.. Funny thing was, anyone watching the water from a distance would think my plug was being harassed by breaking fish.. The beachmaster survived, thanks to the weak-a$$ aim of the "rock-fisherman".. See that, fishing is fun afterall..

ErikT

My arm still hurts - and no I'm not kidding. That first rock I threw trying to see if a rock would go further than a Beachmaster - killed me.

Rich - you wanna good laugh, throw a plug around a rocky beach with me or Dogg standing by. At about 200 feet, we were within the general area. At 150 less, we were within about 2-3 feet every few throws. Under 100 feet, and I'm surprised the plug isn't missing hunks of wood.

Oh, Beachmasters cast like crap compared to Poppers, in case someone was wondering. Also, white is much easier to see than Yellow - if you didn't know by now.