Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ditch Jigger

Public Service Announcement

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

View PostIt's blue letter plate season on Cape Cod. The right-of-way rules at the rotaries are suspended until Labor Day mad.gif

Was the air blue with invectives??cwm27.gif

View PostI find it's the yellow triangular sign that's not understood...YIELD!!!!!!!!!cwm31.gifcwm31.gifcwm31.gif

I had a lady the other day who obviously couldn't read that magic word,"Yield". Saw her coming, I waited till she was right about next to me, bumped it into 2nd and floored it, the noise the Hemi makes under WOT has been known to scare a driver or 2......noticeably shaken, she swerved, braked, threw me the bird, and yelled the obligatory "A-hole".........I just smiled to myself and thought, "Lady, tell me sumthin' I don't know, but learn to drive, and stay of my roads"

Merge is also another concept that many drivers have not mastered.

Here's an interesting episode that happened to me about 10 years ago where driving into and around a rotary saved me from a physical confrontation with another driver.

I was at that small strip mall behind Serranti's, on the way to Scussett, that once housed One Shot, a chinese take-out joint, a hardware store, and a grocery store.

I was driving west towards the land side Sag rotary when I passed the entrance of that small strip mall. Seems a guy in a small BMW sport was trying to exit that parking lot. As I approached his vehicle, I tooted my horn to alert him he should not pull out in front of me.

Wrong thing for me to do. Guy got completly unhinged. As I passed him, I looked into my rear view mirror. Guy is tailgating me, waving his hands, the bird, mouthing off, .....the whole nine yards.

As I approached the rotary I thought to myself, if I proceed thru the rotary back to Boozads Bhay, this idiot is sure to follow me and would most likely try something that would not be pretty.

So what did I do? I drove into and around the rotary, making sure I stayed next to the rotary. Sure enough this moron follows me into and around rotary, closely tailgating me at times. Looking into my rear view mirror I see he's banging his steering wheel, and mouthing obscenities.

I guess I did seven, eight, ten turns around that rotary until this idiot finally called it a day. However, before he did, he tried to outfox me by pulling into the gas station and tried to get me to drive out of the rotary. I never did. I just drove around a few more times. As I passed him parked there, I could see the anger and hate in his eyes. Real wack job he was.

But he finally did give up the chase. Once I saw him turn onto Route 3 north, only then did I feel comfortable in proceeding onto Boozads Bhay.

View PostTry a rotay here in Jersey. icon24.gif What state has blue letters?

CT and NY were the blue letter plates that I was thinking of wink.gif

Most of you beige platers only drive like maniacs in NJ, and at least you guys know what a rotary is biggrin.gif

View PostWas the air blue with invectives??cwm27.gif

Nope. I was already brain fried from spending 25 minutes driving the 3 miles from the Sag to the parking area under the Bourne along Sandwich Road.

I don't get it--Scenic Highway was clear into Belmont Circle. People spent who-knows how long tied up on Rt. 6, only to get off in Sagamore, and then spend another half-hour crawling on Sandwich Rd. I guess they don't trust that new-fangled flyover kooky.gif

I have maine plates, an big old beat up pick up with big tires, a extended hitch in the back and a brush guard in the front. Add the gun rack and the bumper sticker that reads "if it's tourists season why can we shoot and eat them" I figure if I have the right of way and someone hits me, I get me a new truck. Kind of like a lottery

people normally just seem to let me on by... I guess they must think I'm lost. HappyWave.gif

Still remember first trip to U K to visit daughter #1. Got picked up at Heath row and headed west for Saint Davids,Wales.

Well let me tell you-------the first time around a ---ROUND A BOUT----THE WRONG WAY---and i tried to push the floor boards out through the bottom of the car. HOLLY COW that will wake you up after a long plane ride.

For you guys that have never been to the UK they go the wrong way around the rotary