Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
126andy

Anyone getting pop ups on this site

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I have neen getting lots of pop ups saying that I won something through sol, almost everytime I go onto this site. This hasen't happened in the past, it all started recently. Has anyone else noticed this happening to them? I have popup blockers but these come through anyway, maybe because sol is listed as a trusted site.

View PostPM ur Addy You Did Win! I'll send you something! wink.gif

Now I remember......It said I won a Zeebass reel and a Van stall. It also said I won a custom wraped surf rod for each. And it said i won a Contender 33T center console with twin 275 hp Mercurys on it. Plus $10,000 worth of gear and a credit card to fill it up for the summer! I will send ya my addy and we can arrange delivery. biggrin.gif

View PostNow I remember......It said I won a Zeebass reel and a Van stall. It also said I won a custom wraped surf rod for each. And it said i won a Contender 33T center console with twin 275 hp Mercurys on it. Plus $10,000 worth of gear and a credit card to fill it up for the summer! I will send ya my addy and we can arrange delivery. biggrin.gif

cwm31.gif

Andy, feels like you need an Adware cleaner...

DBS

View PostI have neen getting lots of pop ups saying that I won something through sol, almost everytime I go onto this site. This hasen't happened in the past, it all started recently. Has anyone else noticed this happening to them? I have popup blockers but these come through anyway, maybe because sol is listed as a trusted site.

There are no popups served on this site - ever. If you are getting popups, it's a trojan or virus on your computer and you should certainly use one of the many available "cleaners" out there to get it off your computer HappyWave.gif

TimS

View PostThere are no popups served on this site - ever. If you are getting popups, it's a trojan or virus on your computer and you should certainly use one of the many available "cleaners" out there to get it off your computer HappyWave.gif

TimS

Last week I was getting pop ups, it was only once in a while and only on this site. Maybe one of the google ad's is allowing pop ups. cwm40.gif I am sure my machine is clean, it is behind a Sonicwall firewall with antivirus protection and machine also runs AVG.

If anyone sees a popup, please let me know what it is advertising and/or the site it's promoting. We don't allow popups, but it is possibly that Google is somehow responsible for allowing an ad that we have told them not to display cwm13.gif Please post in this thread when you see a popup - we need to know which ad it is so we can put a stop to it immediately.

TimS

View PostIf anyone sees a popup, please let me know what it is advertising and/or the site it's promoting. We don't allow popups, but it is possibly that Google is somehow responsible for allowing an ad that we have told them not to display cwm13.gif Please post in this thread when you see a popup - we need to know which ad it is so we can put a stop to it immediately.

TimS

Tim, what about when Malwarebytes says it blocks a malicious IP addrress?

Do you want to know about them?

In the recent past (3weeks ago) I used to get several hits a day. That is no longer happening now though.

View PostTim, what about when Malwarebytes says it blocks a malicious IP addrress?

Do you want to know about them?

In the recent past (3weeks ago) I used to get several hits a day. That is no longer happening now though.

That was a problem with Google, it's been addressed, I removed all Google's 3rd party "certified" networks...if Google can't ensure legitimate ads from their "certified" networks, they can't have access to this site. If you see that message again, please let me know - you can PM me as well smile.gif

TimS