Carolina Mud Sauce Base from the Kitchen of Kamel

Rate this topic

Kamel

That isn't grease, it is liquid from the tomatoes.

But is about what expected from you guys anyway.............:rolleyes:

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

why would you put tuna on chili?

Fresh picked Carolina Blue Claw Crab meat. :drool:

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

SOL Member #174

crab meat with pasta :upck:

I crabed commercially from 90-97 in Moriches Bay,Long Island.I had 300 pots and started in May and finished in Oct.I then dredged them in the winter between clamming and oystering.The big ones were called Jimmys! I really miss those days since I've moved back into the city.My favorite way to eat them was to cook them up and put them into sauce over pasta!

dude! you totally speak the truth. My mother would take the rest that wouldnt fit in the crab pot and put in the pasta pan with some linguine and homemade pasta sauce(it makes the sauce taste way better), damnit I got hungry thinking about that

OH NO NOT SOME PICS! :drool:   Is that handpicked crab meat in the last two pics? Thats definitely a way to cook em!

Steve in Mass,that picture is incredible! That makes my mouth water! You need some semolina bread to soak up that sauce! Kudos to the chef!

Crabs in a red sauce with linguine.

Clean, halve, sauté crabs in extra virgin. Add some red wine while sautéing. You don't have to fully cook them, because they will cook some more in tomato sauce. Set crabs aside.

In a large pot, sautée some garlic.

Throw in a couple cans of tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are soft and have absorbed the garlic flavor. Ten- fifteen minutes. Add sautéed crabs. Add salt,pepper, spices and simmer for about a half hour or so. Use your imagination. For more flavor in the red sauce, you can add olives, anchovies, fresh parsley, basil, oregano.

Cook some linguine al dente and combine.

:p

SOL Member #174

i'd bet those are ramin pride noodels under that sauce374

Barilla...........

SOL Member #174